phone line to reciver

mdram

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
Md
i have a 622. i was thinking about ditching my landline for a bt gateway and cell service. there is no high speed available to me, i use cell wifi

how often does the reciver call out? and how long are the calls?
i could possible use a bridge and connect it to my cells wifi, but then i would have to be home when it used the net

just wondering

i have a 622. i was thinking about ditching my landline for a bt gateway and cell service. there is no high speed available to me, i use cell wifi

i could possible use a bridge and connect it to my cells wifi, but then i would have to be home when it used the net

just wondering

I don't know if Dish receivers support it but you'd have to use a laptop to get online then use a cross over cable (cat 5) and run it to the receiver. (That's how you do it with a ps3) That's if your using Data Connect device.

just wondering

You don't need to worry about it. Dish no longer gives you a credit for having it connect, so who cares if it is.

as of right now the receiver dials out once a month. Its a very short call..from what im told its under a minute. it sends a status containing the software version, signal str and some other metrics that analyze the condition of the receiver. Besides that, you can pay bill and order pay per view/VOD. if you dont do those things dont stress about connectivity. Dish no longer waives the TV2 fee if its connected. that all changed FEB1 of this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts