phone line?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

austen0316

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 10, 2005
Robbinsville, NJ
Hey

So my uncle went to order dish network today and they said that he needed a phone line plugged in, problem is he doesnt have a phone line. they said they were going to charge him an additional $5.00, has anyone ever came across this?

Yes. That's the way it is. It can be avoided by connecting broadband to the internet. For more info, use the Search feature.

They were advising him of what is called the "additional outlet programming access fee" Basically, if you have a dual tuner, and it is connected to a phone line you get the 2nd TV free (usually you would pay $5 to have a second TV). Most resellers quote the monthly bill for what it would be if the receiver is hooked up to the phone line. confused yet?

Hey

So my uncle went to order dish network today and they said that he needed a phone line plugged in, problem is he doesnt have a phone line. they said they were going to charge him an additional $5.00, has anyone ever came across this?

Call and complain to their cancellation department it sucks that you have to go through it. But I don't have a phone line or internet near the tv, and I don't pay anything. They have the ability to wave it, you just gotta bitch enough. I told them I didn't know I needed one, and I don't have one, and I'll cancel if I have to pay $5 for no added benefit. Had dish over a year now haven't got charged once.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)