Phone Line

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

wkilpatrick

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
We recently decided to get rid of our land line because 95% of the time all we get are telemarketers. Today when I turned on the Dish, a message came up about getting a charge for not having a phone line connected. Does anyone know how much this charge will be?

As I understand it, at least 2 receivers (single or dual) in the house need to be connected to a phone line or there will be a charge. I don't know what the policy is if you only have 1 tuner in the house.

Personally, Dish needs to re-consider these policies since many people don't keep a land line active anymore.

Not sure that is true. My 625 had to be connect but 211 didn't. When I got the 622 I had to connect that. I believe, like GaryS, that its the dual tuner receiver's that need a phone line.

Right, how can you be charged for a second tuner if you only have one. Some dual tuners do not have this fee as well, but I only know of the 921 that does not.

Nope, nor does the 721. I think the 921 and 721 are the only dual tuners that don't have the phone fee. But they are the only 2 that don't have the TV2 option, like the others with the fee, 522, 625, 622 and 942.

I hope soon E* and Directv stop this phone line thing. Over half of the customers I do don't have land based phones.

Thanks for the responses. I will pay the extra $5 instead of the $60/mth that verizon charges me for their phone and 90% of the time the only calls I get are from telemarketers.

If you have more than two or three receivers you will get flagged for an audit if the receivers are not calling home every month.

The 5$ phone line access fee is ONLY for dual tuner receivers. IE 322, 522, 622, 625. There is no phone line access fee even if you have 5 311's. However, they may do an audit, if they are not connected, they may call and audit you. As long as you "pass" the audit your fine. But I agree with allowing ethernet access as compared to phone. I have no phone line, I just have vonage and cable internet. It would be nice to get rid of that fee though! I don't see the point other than to encourage compliance with the RSA.

Thanks for the responses. I will pay the extra $5 instead of the $60/mth that verizon charges me for their phone and 90% of the time the only calls I get are from telemarketers.

have u considered Vonage or VoiceWing (Verizon's version of VOIP)? I pay $22 including taxes and fees for my phone service. 500 minutes/month but I don't even use 100. It works fine with E* receivers too.

seriously... i mean, we have a damn ethernet port for crying out loud...let's use it!

I agree, I'm single right now, no family, no reason for a phone to be sitting at the house, as everyone said, all I get it people who want to sell me something,

Why should I pay $30/ month for a phone that I don't use, when I pay $120 for a cell phone that I do. I do have a cable modem witch I get screwed already cause I don't have cable TV, and dish wants to charge $5 more.

but then for $10 worth of wire, my neighbors let me hook into there line, cause there nice.

Ethernet people, Cable/DSL is the new world order!

but then for $10 worth of wire, my neighbors let me hook into there line, cause there nice.

Ethernet people, Cable/DSL is the new world order!

DO NOT have your receivers call home from your neighbors phone! If you do you will be getting a call from the audit team, if they have your cell #, if the don't your receivers will be shut down untill you call into them & go through an audit.

I just called account services today about some promo that was messed up and while she was talking to me she said she saw I had the programing fee (was credited for 10 months at 5.00 as a dish gold credit because the installer told me there was no fee 9 months ago) She told me to hold and came back and said she got it waved for being a good customer and not having a phone. So maybe Dishneworks is staring to come around.

But I'll believe it when I see it.

have u considered Vonage or VoiceWing (Verizon's version of VOIP)? I pay $22 including taxes and fees for my phone service. 500 minutes/month but I don't even use 100. It works fine with E* receivers too.

I only wish they had an even cheaper package for voicewing, i tend to only use the phone to dial out the E* receivers and then whoever calls me (incoming is free), i use cellphones other than that.

I don't have a land line in my home and I don't get charged a monthly fee. I have one Vip622 installed in my home.

There are free VoIP providers out there.... FreeWorldDialup, SIPPhone, Voicestick, Stanaphone, etc. Some even let you have a free incoming phone number.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts