Phone problems--cause and effect or coincidence?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Poe

Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
We got a hand-me-down HR 10-250 last month. Since the day I tried (and failed) to follow the phone set-up guide, I have had a scratchy phone line when I call out, and no one can really call in. When someone tries to call the house, the phone will give us a half ring or two. The caller ID does not show. The caller hears either nothing after a couple of rings, or a fast busy signal. It never goes to our home answering machine. My husband tested the phone line outside the house, and that works well. We've called DirecTV, TiVo, and Verizon, all to no avail. Also, we cannot watch a different channel when the DVR is recording, let alone record two separate stations and watch a third. I could have sworn we could do that before the phone day, but we hadn't had it for very long, so now I am not sure. Any ideas?

Sounds like you got a bad HR10 modem, unplug it and if that fixes the phone line problems try and plug a regular phone in to the same cable you are using for the HR10, if the problems return the line is bad if not you HR10 has a problem.

Thanks

Must be the phone lines. I appreciate the advice.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts