Phone survey

Slick

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 9, 2004
Hey guys did any of you get a phone survey from Voom? Man was that a a lot of questions she asked, most of the time I would have hung up but I figued this might be from Voom and guess what, it was...

Well hopfully after doing that survey we can get more channels, DVR, bigger dish sooner, better customer service, keep our monthly rate at a decent price and not sky rocket..

Well if any one else got this call tell me what you though about it, it sounds like we might get a lot more HD and SD channels soon.. Cya Slick

I got one today too. It was just your standard marketing research survey. It is nice to see VOOM wanting to know what the customers think, but I wonder if the money spent on customer research would have been better spent on something else. The survey was 20 minutes long which would cost VOOM about $150 per completed survey if 5,000 subs completed it were talking 3/4 Million for the study. That's a lot of money for a company with none.

Anyway I said I didn't care about DVR so I would pay $0 for it. Service is worth more than they charge, but don't raise the price. Really was satisfied with programming, but since I heard many wanting Sci-Fi I guess I'll say that one. The 3 HD channels I watch the most: Monsters, Classics, Epics. How would I rate the OTA Channels? I gave it 1 because I don't have local channels. I was aware of the names of all the 21 "Exclusive" Channels. Which non-exclusive HD channel do I watch the most? TNT-HD

Ant it went on and on :)

I got the survey call in February, so it looks like Voom does a follow-up on customers within 60 days of installation. In February, the major feedback was on lack of premium choices. There was no HBO, Cinemax, Starz, Showtime. No ESPN either. There was no such thing as a lease option, and all subs had purchased the STB and the programming, although the programming was initially free. Now it's June, and all of those have been addressed.

It would be interesting if Voom re-surveyed some of their existing subs at the 6 month point. With no obligation to continue, subs could supply feedback on what Voom needs to know to retain existing subs, AND how to increase the sub base.

Darn, they probably called me, but when anyone calls and asks for me by my formal name, I always tell them that "he's" unavailable. "He's" being me. I always just assume it's a telemarketer.

Chet, get on the National Do Not Call List. I never receive telemarketing calls. Only thing I get are surveys and political polls. Occasionally I'll get a call from a non-profit wanting support, but none of those constant telemarketing calls.

I'm on it. I just always assume that when they can't pronounce my last name, they can leave a message if it's important.

bryan27 said:
Chet, get on the National Do Not Call List. I never receive telemarketing calls. Only thing I get are surveys and political polls. Occasionally I'll get a call from a non-profit wanting support, but none of those constant telemarketing calls.

Where's the National Do not Call List? Anyone has a link that I can pass along. I know I subscribed to it but I don't remember if it was online or by mail.

I received the survey call on Saturday night. They started off right away saying it was a Voom survey, so I stuck it out. My survey call lasted about 40 minutes. Some of the questions seemed repetitive regarding which HD channels I liked the best and watched the most. Of the Voom originals, I rated Monsters HD and Equator HD at the top of my list, and Moov HD, Ultra HD and Auction HD at the bottom (I never watch these).

Some of the questions seemed repetitive

That is what marketing research does. It is to see either if you are paying attention or if rewording a question changes the consumers answer and which phrase produced what responce.

I sat through a survey once that lasted about 25 minutes. Each time the girl asked a question and rattled of the six choices I had to sit and listen to every option even though I was choosing the first or second one. I definitely would not want that job.

They called me Saturday night also. The guy giving the survey kept saying how tired he was and how it had been a long day. I felt sorry for the guy but hopefully it will get us a DVR and some new channels soon.

I'm on the do not call list also...call me crazy but it seems that since I've signed up on the list, the volume of telemarketing calls I get has gone from about 3 or 4 to between ten and fifteen per day. This includes the fax calls...i pick up and just hear the schreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep from the fax machine. I get about 4 a day of those.

Oh, and despite the law that says sales calls have to show up on caller ID, most of them still say "unknown number" or "private" on them.

The do not call list is absolutely 100% useless...it doesn't give the consumer any course of action if a company violates it. Since you can't sue, the law has no teeth.

BTW, many telemarketers now call you from canada where this list doesn't apply.

yes they called me today as well, some of the questions they asked me sound repetive also, they asked me if i would be willing to upgrade to a 30 in dish, so i could have more high def channels to come, and more sd channels to come also, they also asked me if i would be willing to pay 14.50 for a additonal receiver, then he asked me about dvr with tivo, yes he said tivo, how much i would be willing to pay for it, and i said no more then 300, then as soon as he hung up, another csr called me and started with the questions, i told them i just hung up with one, not over a min ago.

I just took the survey as well. Since it was regarding Voom I stuck it out,
but it took way too much time! She even kept apologizing on how long it was taking. I hope it does some good, as I would hate to think I wasted a good 30 minutes of my time.

I took that survey this evening. Funny thing: somewhere in the middle of that phone conversation the guy asks me (off the record): What is that High Definition thing anyway? :D
I felt bad for the guy. He gets to talk all day long about something he has no idea about. Tough job...

I got the call tonight , MAN that was a lot of questions! Took about 25 min, felt sorry for the csr, i think she was getting cotton mouth from talking so much. Gave most all favarable points except the question about voom cust. service, What cust. service i have been calling daliy for past two weeks and haven't talked to anybody! Can't get through to save my life. Just found the other number here in the fourm will try it later this week. My voom experince has been very good overall, but would love to talk to tech. suport.!!!!!

Survey from Voom

Last nite I got a call from Voom. The caller was very nice and asked me if I would take the time for a survey. I said OK and away we went. The survey lasted for 15 minutes or so and cover every aspect of the Voom service. I had canncelled my service over 2 months ago and was asked what it would take for me to come back. She asked if adding mre programing would help, if lowering the price by $20.00 a month would help, if having a dvr would help, and a lot more adds like locals and stuff. Has anyone else got this call? I told her if Voom could do all of that than by all means I would come back. :)

I hope you don't have to cancel to get their attention. Calling everyone with a survey like that would be a good idea on VOOM's part. Looking at the Dolans' salary figures I would think that a drop of $20 would not be a big hit on their income.