Pic Goes Black for a Second Every 10-minutes

Boondockbill

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2004
Goes totally black, then clicks back on. Every ten minutes. What's up? Is this a VOOM repair and/or receiver issue??

BTW, tried to post this under "help" but system won't let me post there.

Do you have the 6.x software? This was a symptom of the earlier software, but I haven't had it happen since the upgrade.

Is this on all channels, or just on one specific channel?

Does this happen when you change channels or just when you're watching? I've been having a similar problem as of late (this last week) where when I change a channel, I get sound but a blacked out picture. To correct, I have to channel up/down and return to get the picture to come up. Not the end of the world but annoying especially because I lose my last channel surfed. Doesn't this stuff always start happening before a VOOM addition? Could this mean the start of MPEG4 or is it just a pain in the arse???

Bilodeaumj said:
I've been having a similar problem as of late (this last week) where when I change a channel, I get sound but a blacked out picture.
This is a different issue altogether (a known bug in the STB software).

What Boondockbill is referring to (periodic black-out), can be a problem with the satellite transmission, if it happens on specific channel(s) only.

This has been happening tome too. I have notice it on TNTHD. Also I do have the new software.

Ilya said:
This is a different issue altogether (a known bug in the STB software).

What Boondockbill is referring to (periodic black-out), can be a problem with the satellite transmission, if it happens on specific channel(s) only.

so far, it's on STARZ HD

I have seen this on TNT-HD and Starz-HD also. On Starz it started recently (like last week) but on TNT-HD has been for a while. I communicated to Wilt and he said that they were working on it. How about is on Starz-HD now. I have not tuned to Starz-HD.

I noticed this on TNTHD last night, and the night before. And while we're on TNTHD, the quality of the transmission doesn't look like HD. It looks stretched and grainy, and closer to SD. It's almost like we can't count this as an HD channel. Specifically--I'm talking about re-runs of the Law and Order series. The older ones are very poor transfers.

VOOM told me to switch from DVI to Componet and report back to them. I haven't yet. It was on StarzHD today quite frequently.

I am using the component connection and it happens with it too. However, I see less problems with the component cables.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)