Pick D*'s new HD National Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Matt - that list looks more like everything that DirecTV doesn't carry versus speculating on what they will carry.

Are you saying some channels will be moving from D10 to D11? You have some channels in there that are already carried in MPEG 4 (not the MPEG2->4 moves at the top).

This list is a cut and paste of information, if I made a error please correct it and repost the list.

That list is just a guess based on how they used D10s bandwidth and the HD stuff thats out their to be broad casted.

HD - DirecTV 10 at 102.8°W - LyngSat

This list is a cut and paste of information, if I made a error please correct it and repost the list.

That list is just a guess based on how they used D10s bandwidth and the HD stuff thats out their to be broad casted.

HD - DirecTV 10 at 102.8°W - LyngSat

While I would like to see most that is on your list. Most people are thinking that a majority of the space will be used on premiums.

I believe the question is what will be on the new bird, not what you want on there ...

I imagine that eventually Chiller will be on there, but it won't be before summer is over. RFD, Lifetime HD, Family Channel, another Disney HD, ESPN HD, Fox Comedy (aka, "Fox News'), TMC HD, and Outdoor Channel HD. WGN HD and possibly AMC HD (I've read in a few places where it exists) would also be on that list.

There will be a day in the not too distant future when every channel will be in HD and we will all rejoice

Ok, so D* is claiming 30 additional HD channels this summer.

Lets figure many of those will go to premiums and RSNs.

It seems a safe bet we'll see a minimum for 5 new nationals. Rank, in order of preference, you think D* should launch. Please try and think of future space considerations and how D might be more stringent in how they select what channels to launch (so probably no WFN HD).

I think these are safe bets:

1. Fox News
2. Travel Channel
3. AMC
4. Lifetime Movies
5. ABC Family

I haven't read anywhere that Directv claimed any thing, Where did you find that?

I saw the All Star game and don't remember ANYTHING about them advertising that. The Terminator commercials did not address that at all either.

Someone said that Tim McCarver read that D* was up to 130 soon, I didn't hear it and I highly doubt that if D* was going to announce such a thing that they would have Tim McCarver announce it when it gets passed along with all the other commercials.
Thay had thier Blimp there, if they wanted to make a splash so people saw it, they would have made it very known.

fwiw, I don't believe anything Tim MCCarver says anyways.

As far as I am concerned this should be considered a rumor, till we see something from some one with evidence.

Didn't ANYONE record the ASG ?

Jimbo

There will be a day in the not too distant future when every channel will be in HD and we will all rejoice

This will not happen anytime soon ....
It's all digital now, but for all of it to be in actual HD, I don't see that happening for quite some time.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)