Picked up a C-Band dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Techfizzle

Banned
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
cadsulfide had a dish for me.. but i was at an auction today and couldnt say no for $7.50! its a perfect 10 10 foot dish with a h-h motor (no cover so i cant confirm its an ajak) the mesh has holes in it but they can be fixed (line the whole thing with foil!)

but cadsulfide said i could have his dish for the shipping. if his dish is the same mounting as mine i might take it. which one should i keep?

heres some pix

Attachments

• 2i8w5fo.jpg
    2i8w5fo.jpg
    389.6 KB · Views: 257
  • 2qvaza1.jpg
    2qvaza1.jpg
    350.4 KB · Views: 238
  • 2v0crgi.jpg
    2v0crgi.jpg
    525.4 KB · Views: 228
  • abqd5f.jpg
    abqd5f.jpg
    595.7 KB · Views: 212
Last edited by a moderator:
I would keep both

Also, for future please upload the pics here. They are thumbnails and if someone wants to blow them up then let them. We do have a fair amount of folks still on dial up here :)

if cadsulfide's dish is the same il junk the refelctor and use his. I made a button hook out of emt conduit but i didnt get much (nothing to be honest). if cad's dish is diffrent the mesh screws on so i might use some guttar guard or some aluminum foil and screw it on. what is that frame thing in the 3rd pic? i looked at everything and cant figure out what that does!

I would run that dish the way it is, the Perfect-10 are a good playing dish, would run that dish with its quad leg design over a button hook dish any day.

the holes on guttar guard are largeish how small do the holes have to be for c band? what about window screen? if i double layerd it i think it would work dont you? a whole roll would do it unscrew the old crap (scarp it) and screew the new stuff on.
edit it would have to be aluminum.. fiberglass wouldnt work of course. can someone find me a cover?

Tech;
Get it up and see how it performs, you will probably be surprised. Minor dings and cuts won't hurt you much. If you decide to paint first, mark where the settinge were beforehand for a good starting point. I also agree with the Captain about the legs, keep 'em.
That Ajax looks to be built like a tank. Nice find!.
If you find another H-H mount for $7.50 box it up for ME :)

Looks like the one behind my shed, except it is setup for a linear acutator.

Last edited:
mess on perfect-10's are A-ok no need to change it, an a ripe or a hole is easy to fix, unless a hole pannel is riped out, then unscrew it an put new 1 in, but beleive me to reskin a dish, is very time consuming, I have done a few. now the picture of that dish, the mess looks great, don't see no ripes or tears in the picture.

Edit: wanted to give you a pm, but will not go, says to maney in you're box. I have 2 or 3 pie pannels for that dish.

Last edited:
1captain: if you have any pie panels can you just give me the mesh? i think one panel is ok. what is that thing in the 3rd pic??!?!
cadsulfide: if your dish is the same i want the feed the auctioner is stupid so he said the legs and the eye didnt go to the dish so he sold it with something else ( i wasnt paying atention to bid) so i will roll around the dumpster tomarow and see if i can find it. the eye was a cortor which i will sell to someone on here cause im using the dish for c band only.

im not sure looks to small to clear the dish off the ground. do the ajaks move quicker?
i searched sat guys for ajak and found a pic of a dish with an akak AND and acuator maybee that what the frame was for?

That's a motorized elevation adjustment, which may have been used as a poor man's way to track inclined orbit satellites. Lazy people have been known to use them when they have done a poor job of tracking the arc. Needs some motor drive cable and a separate positioner box. Or just slide in place wherever the elevation angle needs to be for your location. Probably stronger than many elevation adjusters.

if cad or captian would Just send me the mesh that would work or would screen from lowes be cheaper

like i said thats what the frame might have been for but looking at everything it doesnt fit on the dish so maybe it was some sort of tripod mount.

like i said thats what the frame might have been for but looking at everything it doesnt fit on the dish so maybe it was some sort of tripod mount.

With the clamps an blocks that are holding the pipe to the mount, that was made by Roan, that was their style. looks to be a peak of a roof mount with a side support bar.

got er up today! (pix below) anyway got some questions
the feedhorn is centred acording to the lnb arms but when i put a rod through the center hole of the dish its about 3 inches off yet my quailty on channels is 92%
1. should i mess with the feedhorn?
2. how do you alighn a h-h mount? on a pizza dish you point the dish on true-south sat with the motor at 0'

Attachments

• DSC00512.JPG
    DSC00512.JPG
    236.5 KB · Views: 161
  • DSC00515.JPG
    DSC00515.JPG
    276.7 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.