Picked up an iPhone!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mike1973

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 22, 2004
Rochester, NY
Well, I was on Sprint on the SERO plan for a year or so. The mogul was a good phone but the coverage in my area is terrible. At work and at home I drop calls like crazy and last weekend I dropped 2 in about a 10 minute period. I tried getting them to give me an Airave but they wouldn't do it for free and I wasn't going to pay for it. I am able to get out of my contract due to the change in the administrative fee so I did it.
Of course my bill will double but I love the iPhone. I get 4-5 bars at home and it seems to be good service. Just playing with some apps now.

I love my Iphone, its the sexiest device ever!
I now have it for 3 months, by far the best phone ever!
3G FTW.

I was a big Windows Mobile User with my last Windows Mobile device was the Spring Mogul and I loved it, but then one day I realized as I was loading on a new unofficial ROM on the device that all I was doing was trying to emulate the iPhone. And the emulation wasn't that good and the phone was not stable.

Thats when I decided to get an iPhone.

Since I got one I have never been happier with a phone and don't miss the Windosws Mobile platform at all. About the only thing I miss is the Slingplayer application which should hopefully be on the iPhone soon. :)

BTW I will admit for the iPhone the best thing for it is to jailbreak it, then you can use the full power of the iphone. :)

I was a big Windows Mobile User with my last Windows Mobile device was the Spring Mogul and I loved it, but then one day I realized as I was loading on a new unofficial ROM on the device that all I was doing was trying to emulate the iPhone. And the emulation wasn't that good and the phone was not stable.

Thats when I decided to get an iPhone.

Since I got one I have never been happier with a phone and don't miss the Windosws Mobile platform at all. About the only thing I miss is the Slingplayer application which should hopefully be on the iPhone soon. :)

BTW I will admit for the iPhone the best thing for it is to jailbreak it, then you can use the full power of the iphone. :)

Thats exactly how I felt. Everything I tried to add to the phone seemed like it was based off the iPhone anyway and with the reception issues that sealed the deal. I get 5 bars at home and at work where I had 0-1 with the Mogul. So far I'm loving it!

Ditched my Mogul when I got sick of not being able to see the screen outdoors. Wanted to get a new phone, but Sprint wouldn't let me pay anything less than retail price for it, so I cut my losses with them and switched to Verizon and the BB Curve. This was last June.

About a week later, while I was still under my Verizon grace period. a friend of mine who develops software for the iPhone called me up and asked me to do his marketing. So I asked AT&T if I could switch to the iPhone within 30 days of signing up with them. They said yes, so that's how I migrated to AT&T and the iPhone. Since AT&T upgraded the Des Moines network to 3G I've been very happy!

I've had the iPhone now about a month or so. Makes my old Motorola look like a rotary phone, plus email, web, applications and Messaging. :up:up:up:up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts