Picking up 119 and 129 but no 110

hansokl

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 4, 2010
Atlanta
Hi everyone,

I am testing a dish 1000.2 out. The check switch only picks up 129,119 in that order. Input 3 has Conn for satellite and X for transponder. I have 1 coax hooked up to first port on the lnb and have that coax hooked to the separator behind my reciever and it has 2 smaller coax cables going into input 1 and 2 on the receiver. Is there something I may be missing or forgot to do? My zip code is 30188. Thanks for any help!!

Cover both outside lnb's and see if you are getting 119, if you are, the skew is probably off just a hair. If you are getting 129, then you are getting 129 thru the 119 lnb and 119 via the 110, you would need to swing the dish 9 degrees for proper alignment.

Covered the outside lnbs.. I am picking up 119 only 12 signal strength.. From the check switch screen I have 30188 and it says the azimuth 227 elevation 39 and skew 126.. I have the dish set about azimuth 230 elevation 36 and skew 130. I pulled those from dishpointer.com :

Elevation: 36.0°
Azimuth (true): 230.9°
Azimuth (magn.): 235.4°
LNB Skew [?]: 40.0°

Dish Skew [?]: 130.0°

Which one is correct?

It sounds like you need to swing your dish to the left about 9 degrees to pick up 110W. The rcvr recognizes that the lnb is "CONN" connected but that you're off on your alignment a little. If you look at your LNB, each lens is spaced about 9 degrees apart. That will guide you as to how much you have to swing the dish to the left. Also, be aware that the settings for your dish are not set in stone. You may have to move your elevation up or down a degree or two to get the best signal.

Yeah I am getting around 65 signal for 129 and around 55 on 119 and nothing on 110.. I will try moving it to the left a little and report back. Thanks a lot for the help!!

I still haven't been able to pick up 110... Let me make sure I have everything setup correctly:

I installed the triple LNb to the dish.. The LNb has 4 ports and I have only 1 coax plugged into the LNb port #1. The other end of that coax goes into the separator at my receiver and 2 coax cables come out of the separator and into input 1 and 2 of my receiver.. Do I need more than one coax cable plugged into my LNb?

USE THIS LINK FOR POINTING ANGLES https://rweb.echostar.com/departmental_content/TechPortal/content/tech SKEW 129 ELEVATION 36 these are right out of the book connect a single line into the 1st port on the left side this is where the 119 signal comes out use this to peak the dish and if you have one line out of this port then grounded then one line into the separator or triplexer on the dual tuner if you use 119 t 16 to peak and a 1000.2 dish you should get 90 in signal strength

I got all three satellites now.. Thanks to everyone for being so helpful!! Hope y'all have a great weekend

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts