pics of the dish farm...post yours too :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I get C, but not KU so far with the same lnb...
Do you have a DMX 741 or a DMX 741U? There is a difference. I Have a DMX741.I'm using a Solomend reciever and I have the 22kh switch set "on" for ku sats and "off" for c band. The DMX741u LNBF is for use w/4dtv recievers and uses DiSeq for switching bet ku & C band.

Do you have a DMX 741 or a DMX 741U? There is a difference. I Have a DMX741.I'm using a Solomend reciever and I have the 22kh switch set "on" for ku sats and "off" for c band. The DMX741u LNBF is for use w/4dtv recievers and uses DiSeq for switching bet ku & C band.

The install guide is posted on this site in a different thread http://www.satelliteguys.us/attachment.php?attachmentid=37083&d=1241215942 I installed the jumper enclosed and am running just one side of the dual coax I have from the LNBF to the dish mover.

I have a DMX741, too. I just have to toy with it more, namely rotating it...

cleaned up the dish farm a little bit

moved the OTA antenna to the roof (was on the deck)
gained a Directv slimline (had a Phase III)
removed a couple dishes from the deck (they had minimal programing on them to constitute a fixed dish)
the C-Band dish got removed...have a different project for that

(the 2 cables you see in the 1st pic are from the antennas)

Attachments

• PICT0105.JPG
    PICT0105.JPG
    876.4 KB · Views: 305
  • PICT0103.JPG
    PICT0103.JPG
    865.9 KB · Views: 282
  • PICT0099.JPG
    PICT0099.JPG
    290.4 KB · Views: 267
  • PICT0102.JPG
    PICT0102.JPG
    850 KB · Views: 281

Iceberg,

Did you change out the lnb on the Slimline or are you using it "as is" for circular? I just picked up a Slimline AU9, not sure what lnb's are on it or what to use it for.

04-05-11_1710.jpg

04-05-11_1711.jpg

04-05-11_1713.jpg

Last edited:
Nice OTA setup, Iceberg... So that's why you made the trip to Rat Shack looking for a tripod and mast...

yeah that back tripod the bolts are rusted so I couldnt undo the mast. So I figured "screw it"....pulled out the hacksaw and cut it about 7 feet up (the mast was 10 feet so it was about 12 feet up...too high for me to work on it) ;)
After seeing their prices I figured "eh I'll work with what I have"
The closer (or the right antenna) has been up there for almost a year. Thats for a distant VHF station

I made a thread in the OTA section on it
http://www.satelliteguys.us/digital-over-air-ota/250210-my-antenna-has-buddy-now.html

moved the OTA antenna to the roof (was on the deck)
removed a couple dishes from the deck (they had minimal programing on them to constitute a fixed dish)
the C-Band dish got removed...have a different project for that

(the 2 cables you see in the 1st pic are from the antennas)

I see an AntennaCraft MCU33 OTA antenna in that picture.

1) How well did it improve reception moving from deck to roof?
2) Are you going to ground those OTA antennas before it begins to lightening?

1. the link I posted right above yours has the info but since I'm only 28 miles from the towers the main stations it did little
Most of the major stations I gained a point or 2 on the converter box (the TV shows 100% on both the deck and the roof). The 2 low powered religious stations really jumped. One went from 83 to 100 and the other from 55-56 to 83 on the TV. Gained another religious station but very hard to get. I guess they are running at low low power (their old tower collapsed) and they are HIGHLY directional.

The big "gain" was Ion. Its the oddball location (tvfool says 350 degress...the rest are 46 degrees) so it only came in at night...barely.
Now it shows as 85 on the TV

It was more to clean up the deck
2. I had the one up on the roof last year and no issues...its one of those "I'll get to it" things ;)

Not a farm, but a cool picture

Came to my porch holding my cup of coffee a fine Spring morning, and this is what I see... I had to share.

Attachments

• DSCF7735.JPG
    DSCF7735.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 209
Mine is not really a farm... more like a garden.

1. The main dish
2. Multipe LNBs, from left 83W, 89W, 97W, 101W
3. Dish 500 behind is aimed at 125W for PBS

Photo05201424.jpgPhoto05201424_3.jpgPhoto05201424_1.jpg

Chance of swamp, 100%.....

I guess I need a pirogue to get out there and tweak my dishes today.. :eek:

Attachments

• CRW_4468.jpg
    CRW_4468.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 233
She's waterproof.. :)

The cables are all brand new. I don't know if the pipe they are in is dry, I tend to doubt it but everything is coming in just fine right now so I assume nothing bad is happening in there. :)

So much for the drought! :D

I kind of like this one.. :)

Now I have twice as many dishes! :rolleyes:

Attachments

• CRW_4478.jpg
    CRW_4478.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Latest posts