Picture Distortion / 811

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cancunkev

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 25, 2003
Cancun, Mexico
I connected my 2 811's this past Sunday, and along with some of the previously mentioned problems I have been having some picture distortion on both HD and SD channels. I am not sure of the technical term, but small outlines and boxes occur around an image (pixelization?), and the audio cracks. This seems to happen a few times every minute or so. When connecting a 301 it doesn't happen at all.

Also, my guide is off center, the time and channel information is askew to the right and I can see 2 halves of the dish logo behind them...

Anyone else having these problems??

In the living room I have a LG MW-60SZ12 LCD RPTV, and I continue to see some distortion.

In the bedroom I have a Samsung SPL4225 Plasma Display, and the distortion is minimul...

Both are hooked up via the included composite video cables, as the Samsund doesnt have a DVI input, and I am awaiting the DVI cable for the LG. I will go and purchase a better composite cable for the Samsung when I have a moment, though I am not sure if it is needed, as the picture looks better on the Samsung than the LG, with both set to 1080.

cancunkev said:
Both are hooked up via the included composite video cables, as the Samsund doesnt have a DVI input, and I am awaiting the DVI cable for the LG. I will go and purchase a better composite cable for the Samsung when I have a moment, though I am not sure if it is needed, as the picture looks better on the Samsung than the LG, with both set to 1080.

You are using the term "composite", do you mean "component?" Component is the three color cable and composite is the single (usually yellow) cable.

If the 811 is like the 6000 there is a adjustment in the HD setup that allows for you to adjust the video timing (slide the picture to either side to center the picture). In a lot of cases the video distortion go away when you center the picture as it then has the correct video timing for that particular HDTV. This is also probably why your guide is off center as well.

I fixed the guide by doing a hard reset on the receiver, but I continue to have picture distortion on almost all channels, as well as popping and clicking sounds on audio.

When the 301 was connected this did not occur, is this another software problem?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)