Picture? I don't need no stinkin' picture!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bluetrain1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 2, 2006
Greetings! I have a bunch of extra / leftover stuff that I want to piece together for a true FTA Radio system for my office. I have a pansat 2500a clone, a single lnb diwreckTeevee dish and a very old double lnb Disknetwerk Dish 500 dish, plus lots of extra lnb's, zip ties, and a junky 5" Black and white TV to as act a monitor to help setup and use the pansat. So, where is the best place to find good audio with a reasonably strong signal? And yes, I know for $10.00 / month I can get Sirrius or XM and I do :usa have that in my car, but for the office that is really overkill. Thanks.

Favorite Satellite RADIO channel

Thanks for the technical reply. Does anyone have an opinions on the quality and "listenability" of these audio feeds? I was really hoping for something along the lines of "91 has a great selection of jazz, and channel 42 is especially good for American Roots Music" or "The audio channels on 110 are very bland and redundant" or "Too much talk on the Sirrius feeds". So, to rephrase my question, what is the best Satellite radio channel(s) and why do you like it?

I use my extra reciever for the on hold music and for the waiting area of the office. works good :) I've bounced around from sat to sat, so find one you like and go with it.

It's Muzak, except cheaper :)

You won't get Sirius with the FTA setup.

I am a big fan of the stuff on IA-5. I used to have cable TV and most of the audio channels that they carry are very similar to what I find on IA-5 (wink, wink). Check LyngSat to get a channel listing. It's nice to be able to search for music by genre. I don't think it sounds as good as my XM subscription service, but I think that may be a product of the audio receiver more than anything else. Good luck!

Cheers!

I have an 18" dish pointed at 119... Does a GREAT job with audio. I think I am pulling in 75, or so, free audio feeds.. there is always something worth listening to.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts