Picture Quality on HD channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
pOiNTBLaNK said:
I've been getting a lot of signal dropouts and also my guide comes on the screen by itself then dissapears without touching any buttons????

Turn off your screen saver. Go to system settings ---> Screen Saver---->Never Time out.

Lord Of The Rings

I was attempting to watch Lord of The Rings on Starz tonight- ugh! Lots of artifacts, jerky motion, out of sync sound- could only take it for about 10 minutes and gave up...................

I also noticed the problems on Bravo, but only on Cirque De Soleil.

I do notice these little tears that you mention on MOOV quite often.

I also notice the overcompression on some of the SD channels, and the issue with the specs on bright colors on some SD channels.

Last night for the first time, I was able to watch a whole movie on the Movie Channel (TMC) without one or more of the following happening:

1. Box locks up. Only fix is unplug power to restart.
2. tear drop artifacts and single line artifacts.
3. popping sound.
4. Picture flickers out.
5. Larger areas of artifacts (blotches of artifacts 5-10" in size) every few minutes.

After the movie finished, I turned to a Cinema10 channel and problems 2-5 were present immediately. I left the tuner on over night and this morning the box had crashed. (I had sound but no picture on any channel SAT/Local, message would say no signal from SAT or no signal from local channel)

All channels currently appear to have a problem with a brief pause/stutter every 30-90 seconds. I see this on most if not all channels. It is very easy to see on worldsport since the camera pans a lot on that channel.

I am having all these problems currently and my box was installed 5 days ago. My signal strength is at 65+ and quality is at 60+.

Picture Pause/Stuttering

Gr8Reb8 said:
All channels currently appear to have a problem with a brief pause/stutter every 30-90 seconds. I see this on most if not all channels. It is very easy to see on worldsport since the camera pans a lot on that channel.

I am having all these problems currently and my box was installed 5 days ago. My signal strength is at 65+ and quality is at 60+.

I see the same pause/frame stutter problem. I've seen it on HD, SD, and OTA channels, on both my HDTV on component out and on my SD TV on S-Video out. I hope they solve it soon.

GeneWildershair said:
been tuning in to HBO off and on all day, and have noticed any white strips, (artifacts) today. Did they fix it?

I just turned it on in the middle of "A beautiful Mind". Have not seen the white strips. This is HBO-East channel 201

It looks like HBO-HD East is fixed. I am going to look at Bravo-HD for a while. If anyone see any white strips on HBO-HD please post. I watched HBO-HD for about 30 minutes and did not see anything or any sound drop. Excelllent VOOM!

Sean Mota said:
It looks like HBO-HD East is fixed. I am going to look at Bravo-HD for a while. If anyone see any white strips on HBO-HD please post. I watched HBO-HD for about 30 minutes and did not see anything or any sound drop. Excelllent VOOM!

I watched HBOWest today and it also seems ok. We just need to be patient until the get the bugs out. They seem to be working on it. I will be glad when they make it so you can get 2 DMA for the ota signals. I wis they made it so you could change display output from remote. My Mits tv stretches 480P better than the reciever. I would watch 4:3 shows on that and just use 1080i for HD channels.

Yes, the stripes were gone on HBO West this evening. The stutter is still there. The stripes are still on the Cinema channels.

Checked HDnews this morning and the sound drop were gone. Only watched for half hour. I was not sold on Bravo-HD yet. I still see motion artifacts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts