Picture too dark

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mande

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 8, 2010
WI USA
I got Glorystar to get SBN. I also get it now on Dish but on Glorystar the picture is a lot darker. Actually, most of the time it is too dark. What would cause this?
Thanks
Mande:(

There doesn't appear to be any problem with the SBN channel video on Glorystar.

How is your satellite receiver connected to the TV?

Have you tried connecting with another type of connection?

Is the problem on all channels or only SBN?

I just recorded a movie(Christmas with a Capital C) off TBN on dish and on Glorystar The one off Glorystar is too dark. I thought it was the movie but I just looked at the one off the dish and it is much better. My husband thought the Glorystar one is about 15% darker than the one off the dish. I have both dish and Glorystar hooked into a DVD recorder with RCA jacks and the recorder is hooked to the TV with RCA jacks also.

Have you tried connecting the Glorystar receiver to the DVD recorder using the higher quality Red/Green/Blue Component RCA video cables instead of the yellow composite? This connection type will provide better video and would be a good comparison of video brightness between the two connection types.

How do I hook the red/green/ blue Component RCA cables and do I still use red and white for audio?

Connect the Glorystar receiver component video and audio outputs to to the DVD recorder component Video and audio inputs using five RCA cables.

• Red Video to Red Video
  • Green Video to Green Video
  • Blue Video to Blue Video
  • Red Audio to Red Audio
  • White Audio to White Audio

Select the Component Input Source on the DVD recorder.

If your TV has Component Inputs, also consider using this higher quality method to connect the DVD record output to the TV Input using the five RCA cables.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts