pictures of my VOOM, big OTA ant.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
big ota

I still haven't had Voom replace my small ota. I only get WB and NBC. The installer that I called just about talked me out of the large ota saying that it would be put on a 20 foot pole and be 10 feet long. Do you have pictures of this? I'd like to see one before I demand they do it. I want all my locals in
Hi Def! It seems more and more programming is in hi-def via local channels and I can't get them, like golf and NASCAR!

He was full of you know what. I called Voom and was upgraded to the Winegard PR-8800, not to big or ugly...no pole and it works fine. Call Voom and insist that the installer exhausted all options on antenna placement and request an up-grade...it's free.

big OTA ant.

Any recommendation for a combo UHF/VHF big OTA for the 60- 100 mile range?
The local UPN net work goes digital Nov. 1 and they are 50 miles away.
anyone else using else using these large style ant. Hows your luck been ? distance? quality?

Here's a new question couls my Wifi (400mw amp if i remember right) 2.4 ghz signal be affecting my OTA picture quality?

my VOOM setup

Free Wi-fi Hotspot in San antonio

big ota ant

anyone else using else using these large style ant. Hows your luck been ? distance? quality?

Here's a new question couls my Wifi (400mw amp if i remember right) 2.4 ghz signal be affecting my OTA picture quality?

Free Wi-fi hotspot in San antonio MY VOOM setup

Shouldn't be. I have wifi and my OTA comes in fine. I'm about 15 miles from the towers using the Winegard GS-2000a and I pull in every one of them at about 90-93%.

Technut said:

Free Wi-fi hotspot in San antonio MY VOOM setup
Here are some big 'ol UHF/VHF antennas.

I just checked Antennaweb and I am a little upset. I live in Dallas and all of the digital stations are UHF except for 1. That would be our ABC affiliate. Why in the hell would they do that? If it was UPN or WB I wouldn't really care.

I am having the exact same problem, I have the winegaurd bi-directional one and it drives me nuts, a few degrees and I lose PBS, WB... if I move it to get pBS and WB I lose ABC and NBC... If the upgrades are free what do I say it seems like they keep saying "The installer will take a look at it, and he'll know what you need" the installer looks at it and says "It's fine, Voom would have to send you another antenna if you want us to install it" anyhow I told Voom for this service call to send a guy from a different company.

Dvlos said:
I am having the exact same problem, I have the winegaurd bi-directional one and it drives me nuts, a few degrees and I lose PBS, WB... if I move it to get pBS and WB I lose ABC and NBC... If the upgrades are free what do I say it seems like they keep saying "The installer will take a look at it, and he'll know what you need" the installer looks at it and says "It's fine, Voom would have to send you another antenna if you want us to install it" anyhow I told Voom for this service call to send a guy from a different company.
You have to firmly reiterate that the installers that have come out have exhausted all options with the current antenna.

Alright I called Voom and pretty much read your posts Wash, in this thread and others, I have had installers out here 4 times tinkering with OTA and Sat problems, while most of them have cleared up I get no OTA in my downstairs TV at the moment. I told the Voom CSR's all this and she made notes in the work order for the Install company to pretty much have the guy bring alternate OTA antenna's with him, (I even gave them model numbers) and for him to try out what's best. She also made a NEW work-order asking them to split up the feeds and not use a diplexor, run seperate coax for OTA and Sat feeds and replace all the old coax that was used with new ones. I swear I love Voom customer service, something happens between Voom and the craptastic repair guys, 1 out of the 4 that has visited me has been nice and tries to be thorough... Oh well...

Another question Wasch you mention the WIneguard antenna you use is UHF only, since the antenna is picking up digital feeds, would the loss of VHF mean I lose channels? I know on an analog TV PBS, CBS, ABC, NBC, is all VHF.

BOG OTA antenna

I have had the same problem with VOOM the CSR is great on the phone , but when they come out there lost. I called last time before my last installer came out, I told the Voom CSR I needed a new diplexor, maybe a new voom box , wires reinstalled, and wires cleaned up om outside , main reason for call was to fix my locals that i get in bedroom and not in liv room. never asked for a new antenna, after the guy started installing the square shooter on my roof i called installs inc to read me back the work order, word for word my requests. when that didnt work he tried a few more things then said I need the new STB that there developing and he or his boss wouild call me back after discussing the prob. no call after about 5 days so far. so I have another Co. coming out will see if they read there work order before they start. Ive also requested wires to be replaced, first instraller left alot of loose connections.

Dvlos said:
Another question Wasch you mention the WIneguard antenna you use is UHF only, since the antenna is picking up digital feeds, would the loss of VHF mean I lose channels? I know on an analog TV PBS, CBS, ABC, NBC, is all VHF.
Yes, if they are analog you won't get them in the Voom STB anyway. If you want them for non-digital TV's then you will need to get another antenna. I don't think Voom will comp you a combo unit if all of your DTV stations are UHF.

Hi:
I was an early install and VOOM would not replace my OTA antenna so I had to buy a big combo unit myself. Only one of my OTA's is VHF so if I had it to do over again I would buy something called a "cut antenna" which is a smaller VHF antenna that is sized to receive only one station. In my case the station is on VHF channel 12 which is received by the smallest "arms" on a VHF antenna.
Joseph

jnardone said:
Hi:
I was an early install and VOOM would not replace my OTA antenna so I had to buy a big combo unit myself. Only one of my OTA's is VHF so if I had it to do over again I would buy something called a "cut antenna" which is a smaller VHF antenna that is sized to receive only one station. In my case the station is on VHF channel 12 which is received by the smallest "arms" on a VHF antenna.
Joseph
know where we could purchase one (WWW.?.com), never heard of these type?are they less expensive?

Dvlos said:

check on Antennaweb it will tell you what the digital frequencies for your stations are. In many areas the VHF stations are all used up so the digital broadcasts are on mostly UHF stations, remapping to the original channel numbers at the set. You can also check www.NAB.org for a list of the stations in your area, although I don't think they get every single station out there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts