No Voom Ota

Update On My OTA

The installer came out today to installed a OTA. At first he tried to talk me out of it because he said I would not get any channels. I told him to go ahead and put it up and Voom and I would deal with the problem. About 10 to 15 minutes later he came back in the house and he got one channel (NBC) and the signal was 88. He acted surprise that I got that channel. He packed up his equipment and left. I went outside to look at the antenna. The roof is higher then the antenna and he did not attached it to the dish but he put it next to the dish. I hooked up a video amplifier and the signal for NBC went up to 97. The fox channel went up from 70 to 82 but I still do not get a picture. The CBS channel went from 56 to 78 and no picture.

I called Voom to let them know what happen and they told me they will send someone different Monday to redo the work.

I believe that I should get all of these three channels if the antenna is set up correctly and higher then my roof. Does the signal have to be over 85 for the picture to show? What are your thoughts about this?

I did hook up my old antenna and the same thing happens but when I connect it straight to the TV I get all three channels. FOX and CBS is a little snowy,

I'm still waiting for my OTA antenna. Pro Star Digital does the installs and believe me they stink!! When I had my dish installed in October the installer put it on a loose board and every time the wind blowed we lost signal, plus he said we couldn't get any ota channels. When I called Voom the had Pro star send another installer out he fixed the dish and set the antenna to get some channels. I moved in December, I had to wait almost a month for them to send out an installer and guess what it was the first one I had before he said he couldn't install my dish because it needed to be mounted on a pole for $50 but he forgot to bring any ...rescedule. The 13th of January they sent the 2nd installer back and he mounted the dish on my house, but voom didn't send an antenna so I had to call and have one sent. They have resceduled 5 times now.
Today was the last straw I told them it had better be installed by Friday or I was calling Voom and the supervisor at Pro Star and getting this taken care of! Guess whart she said she would send.....the 1st guy!!! I told her if she did I'd send him right back. I wonder if I'll get OTA by spring? LOL

nanaberry said:
I'm still waiting for my OTA antenna. Pro Star Digital does the installs and believe me they stink!! When I had my dish installed in October the installer put it on a loose board and every time the wind blowed we lost signal, plus he said we couldn't get any ota channels. When I called Voom the had Pro star send another installer out he fixed the dish and set the antenna to get some channels. I moved in December, I had to wait almost a month for them to send out an installer and guess what it was the first one I had before he said he couldn't install my dish because it needed to be mounted on a pole for $50 but he forgot to bring any ...rescedule. The 13th of January they sent the 2nd installer back and he mounted the dish on my house, but voom didn't send an antenna so I had to call and have one sent. They have resceduled 5 times now.
Today was the last straw I told them it had better be installed by Friday or I was calling Voom and the supervisor at Pro Star and getting this taken care of! Guess whart she said she would send.....the 1st guy!!! I told her if she did I'd send him right back. I wonder if I'll get OTA by spring? LOL

You need to email jyukie@installs.com and tell him about this and will take care of you i can assure you of this you can asked anyone on here that has talk to him. his will make sure it get installed . or Pm me with you info phone and Name and city and i will call him for you and he will contact you asap.

voom1 said:
The installer came out today to installed a OTA. At first he tried to talk me out of it because he said I would not get any channels. I told him to go ahead and put it up and Voom and I would deal with the problem. About 10 to 15 minutes later he came back in the house and he got one channel (NBC) and the signal was 88. He acted surprise that I got that channel. He packed up his equipment and left. I went outside to look at the antenna. The roof is higher then the antenna and he did not attached it to the dish but he put it next to the dish. I hooked up a video amplifier and the signal for NBC went up to 97. The fox channel went up from 70 to 82 but I still do not get a picture. The CBS channel went from 56 to 78 and no picture.

I called Voom to let them know what happen and they told me they will send someone different Monday to redo the work.

I believe that I should get all of these three channels if the antenna is set up correctly and higher then my roof. Does the signal have to be over 85 for the picture to show? What are your thoughts about this?

I did hook up my old antenna and the same thing happens but when I connect it straight to the TV I get all three channels. FOX and CBS is a little snowy,

it will make a differance when it i put above your roof line.

I talked to a CSR last night because I was losing my dish signal due to rain. He saw what I been going through trying to get a OTA installed correctly. Soooo he got another subcontractor to come out Tuesday to upgrade my dish to a 24" and to get my ota setup correctly. He got it setup for the installer tp spend all day at my place to get it right.

voom1 said:
I talked to a CSR last night because I was losing my dish signal due to rain. He saw what I been going through trying to get a OTA installed correctly. Soooo he got another subcontractor to come out Tuesday to upgrade my dish to a 24" and to get my ota setup correctly. He got it setup for the installer tp spend all day at my place to get it right.

hope they get you going.

Boy, if the new subcontractor can't get it set right during...

voom1 said:

"all day" then you have a problem! Nice going VOOM!

And good luck on the upgrade! It solved our reception problems.

Still enjoying HDTV (OK, enjoying LAGQ music right now-so shoot me) under clearing Seattle skies, Gill

Update

No call or no installer today. Voom rescheduled for March 23. Oh well?????

voom1 said:

do you still have the field managers number i so give him a call.

That's not acceptable!

"No call or no installer today. Voom rescheduled for March 23. Oh well?????"

Hope TYORK can help. If not post your problem to Wilt on VOOM/Yahoo. You'll get action.

Still enjoying HDTV under clear and cold Seattle skies, Gill

voom1 said:

just to let you know i contacted the regional manager on this again i will let you know when i here from him again.

voom1
I just got a email back from the reg. manager and he is trying to set you up with another service call before March 23.

tyork

TYork,

Thank you again for helping me out. I wish all installers were like you.

I agree that this is unacceptabe but I do not blame Voom, Everytime I have talked to Voom they listen to my problem and they were very helpful. I believe that some of the installers is what turns people away from Voom. I wish Voom could have their own installers. I think Voom would have more customers.

voom1 said:
TYork,

Thank you again for helping me out. I wish all installers were like you.
So do a lot of us...particularly those awaiting installs...! :D If they were, there would be a lot more people watching VOOM today, and a lot less controversy about VOOM's future! :)
action-smiley-037.gif

voom1 said:
I agree that this is unacceptabe but I do not blame Voom, Everytime I have talked to Voom they listen to my problem and they were very helpful. I believe that some of the installers is what turns people away from Voom. I wish Voom could have their own installers. I think Voom would have more customers.
100% agreement from me, and if VOOM had a TYORK in every part of the country, I think the impact would be HUGE!
party01.gif

voom1, Only NBC is available digitally in your area, and it has nothing to do with the type of antenna or your location. NBC, PBS, FOX, ABC, and CBS are all broadasting from the same tower and it is only 17 miles away. Either the other stations are not broadcasting digitally yet, which is the most likely explanation, or they are broadcasting at very low power. Either way, there is nothing you can do but wait. The channels will come in time. If you are receiving NBC, you will get the others when they become available. An upgrade should not be needed. That said, 1. an antenna is part of the Voom package, no matter how many channels are available, period; and 2. every installer is required to carry an upgrade antenna with them on every install. There should be no reason for an installer to have to come back for an upgrade. Unfortunately, Four Corners is the only installer covering your county for INSTALLSinc. Steve Boykin is the field manager for your area. Call INSTALLS and ask that he call you about your issues. Now, as far as the signals you were getting on the signal meter, a strong enough analog signal can fool the meter into thinking there is a digital signal available. That is likely why you were getting signal but no picture on some of the other channels.

greyghost said:
voom1, Only NBC is available digitally in your area, and it has nothing to do with the type of antenna or your location. NBC, PBS, FOX, ABC, and CBS are all broadasting from the same tower and it is only 17 miles away. Either the other stations are not broadcasting digitally yet, which is the most likely explanation, or they are broadcasting at very low power. Either way, there is nothing you can do but wait. The channels will come in time. If you are receiving NBC, you will get the others when they become available. An upgrade should not be needed. That said, 1. an antenna is part of the Voom package, no matter how many channels are available, period; and 2. every installer is required to carry an upgrade antenna with them on every install. There should be no reason for an installer to have to come back for an upgrade. Unfortunately, Four Corners is the only installer covering your county for INSTALLSinc. Steve Boykin is the field manager for your area. Call INSTALLS and ask that he call you about your issues. Now, as far as the signals you were getting on the signal meter, a strong enough analog signal can fool the meter into thinking there is a digital signal available. That is likely why you were getting signal but no picture on some of the other channels.

the whole problem here is the installer didn't even install a antenna and this customer is intitle to on even if it just for 1 station that is the hole point of the tread he didn't get a antenna installed at all.

greyghost, Thanks for explaining this to me but he still should have installed the antenna per Installs Inc policy. If they would have done this I would not be writing this thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)