no voom in canada, too bad..

weagle

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 20, 2004
its too bad voom is shutting down but at the same time i don't care since voom made it so hard for canadians to subscribe because of the no self-install policy. I hope though the channels voom has atleast some will migrate to another provider ie echostar can be a likely canditate they have channels on 61.5 so if they bought those transponders it would be great if they used them for hd.

Most sat companies want nothing to do with canada because of the way canadian laws handle signal pirates over there why DTV refuses to do anything there and from alot I have read echostar is having a heck of a time because the courts pretty much only give a slap on the wrist.

I have a feeling though some big conglomerate company is going to buy voom's bankrupcy assets and if that is the case maybe just maybe the policy will change on the self-installs which will allow canadians to subscribe if they got a u.s address. Really in Canada if there is 10mil directv subscribers theres atleast 1million canadians subscribing to it same as dishnet, they get a piece of the money from canadians as well regardless what the rules are canadians are subbed to directv and dishnet, who's to say if voom made it easy on the self-installs then they would of had the units in all of the major chain stores in the states so big mistake there and also they would have the opportunity of the canadian market as well.

weagle said:
I have a feeling though some big conglomerate company is going to buy voom's bankrupcy assets and if that is the case maybe just maybe the policy will change on the self-installs which will allow canadians to subscribe if they got a u.s address. Really in Canada if there is 10mil directv subscribers theres atleast 1million canadians subscribing to it same as dishnet, they get a piece of the money from canadians as well regardless what the rules are canadians are subbed to directv and dishnet, who's to say if voom made it easy on the self-installs then they would of had the units in all of the major chain stores in the states so big mistake there and also they would have the opportunity of the canadian market as well.

Voom did not file for bankruptcy. The parent company, Rainbow DBS and Cablevision are only closing Voom and selling the assets.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts