No Voom Ota

voom1

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 2, 2005
I got Voom installed last Tuesday but the installer did not install a OTA antenna. My question is should he install the OTA antenna even if i get only one channel? I called Voom and they told me I could not get any local channels and that is why I did not get a OTA antenna. Is this correct? I checked all the sites on the internet and all of them showed that I should get NBC. Who can I call to get the antenna installed. By the way, all TV stations are 21 miles away and all are digital.

Something doesn't sound quite right with your story. You appear to be aware that you should be receiving your local digitals and that VOOM should have installer your OTA antenna...so why are you asking? It seems to me that you should have demanded the OTA antenna be installed last Tuesday since the OTA antenna is part of the VOOM installation. Also, I seriously doubt VOOM would tell you anything to the contrary! I had numerous problems with OTA and they made 10 appointment for me...until I was a happy camper.

If you seriously need help, call VOOM to square this away and post your location (zipcode) - else, go troll in another forum.

I agree that this does not sound right but it is true. I will call them again. My zip code is 87418.

Thanks

I can not believe it but I called Voom again and this time the service person told me that they will get a upgraded antenna for me and it will be installed on the 15th. Thank you for your reply. You did help me out. Thanks

A Happy Voomer

voom1, sometimes VOOM CSRs simply check antennaweb.org or other sites to see if digital TV is available for your area, and those sites are not always accurate.
If you know that you can receive at least some of the channels, insist on getting the OTA antenna, and you will get it! Good luck!

voom1 said:
I can not believe it but I called Voom again and this time the service person told me that they will get a upgraded antenna for me and it will be installed on the 15th. Thank you for your reply. You did help me out. Thanks

A Happy Voomer

i looked up your zip code and it appears that you will only get the one channel for now though looks like that is all available in your area at this time . but you should get it with no problem only 17 miles away

Problem

I just got a call from the company that istalled my Voom and she wanted to know what the problem was. I told her that the OTA was not installed . She said that the OTA was not installed because I would not be able to pick up the signial. I told her that I called Voom and they told me they will send a upgrade antenna and it will be installed on 2-15-2005. She got upset and told me that they will not install the upgrade antenna because Voom will not pay for it. She bad mouth voom for awhile and then she said they will come out on the 9th and install the antenna that came with the dish.

I called Voom to let them know what was going on and the service person told me that this company should have installed this antenna in the first place and that I should go and let ithe installer put in the antenna and if it does not work to call back Voom and they will get another sub contractor to install the upgrade antenna.

Does anyone else had this kind of problem with the installers and if the installers does not get paid for the upgrade antenna? Would like to know what is going on. Thanks for your help.

Still happy with Voom.

voom1 said:
I just got a call from the company that istalled my Voom and she wanted to know what the problem was. I told her that the OTA was not installed . She said that the OTA was not installed because I would not be able to pick up the signial. I told her that I called Voom and they told me they will send a upgrade antenna and it will be installed on 2-15-2005. She got upset and told me that they will not install the upgrade antenna because Voom will not pay for it. She bad mouth voom for awhile and then she said they will come out on the 9th and install the antenna that came with the dish.

I called Voom to let them know what was going on and the service person told me that this company should have installed this antenna in the first place and that I should go and let ithe installer put in the antenna and if it does not work to call back Voom and they will get another sub contractor to install the upgrade antenna.

Does anyone else had this kind of problem with the installers and if the installers does not get paid for the upgrade antenna? Would like to know what is going on. Thanks for your help.

Still happy with Voom.

Have you got the name of the company that installed your voom and what state you are in?

I live in New Mexico and the installer is Four Corners something ????. Voom told me but i was so upset I do not remember the full name. By the way, The subcontractor told me that they would not install the upgrade antenna because Voom did not pay them for the last two installs. I do not know who to believe. I want to believe Voom because the installer should have installed the ota. The installer did not tell me anything about not installing the ota. The only thing he told me was that I was not going to be happy with voom because people have been unhappy. They had problems not getting local channels. I wish voom could send me the ota and I could install it myself.
I hope my area has another sub contractor. I do have my own antenna but it is not for HD or digital and I receive NBC,ABC,CBS,FOX, and others. The major channels are from Albuquerque but they do have antenna s about 20 miles from here and they are digital. I still think I should get them all of thewm if I had a good ota.

Company Name

I just got an email from Install Inc and the Installer name is Four Corners Satellite.

voom1 said:
I just got an email from Install Inc and the Installer name is Four Corners Satellite.

do you have a work order from orginal install i will contact the regional manger and he will contact the field manger in your area but i need you name and phone number if you don't have a work order you can pm with this info and i will forward it on if you want me to and they will take care of you.

voom1 said:
TYORK,

Thank you for your help.,

Voom1
You are welcome.
I have foward you info to the right person i will let you know when i here from him.

I found an document from Install Inc and in that document I found out that the installer suppose to have installed the OTA no matter what and did not suppose to leave until I got a local station. He even suppose to have another antenna along in Vooms antenna did not work. Now I am really upset. I am out for blood. I could have been watching the Superbowl in HD if the guy did what he suppose to have done.

voom1 said:
I found an document from Install Inc and in that document I found out that the installer suppose to have installed the OTA no matter what and did not suppose to leave until I got a local station. He even suppose to have another antenna along in Vooms antenna did not work. Now I am really upset. I am out for blood. I could have been watching the Superbowl in HD if the guy did what he suppose to have done.

Yeah you are right he was surppose to install the voom ota , BUT, before he could install a different he would have had to get a approvel by voom and sometime that is hard. Don't blame you for being mad though he was wrong for not install the antenna at all and a least try to get something . I am sure i will here from someone in the am tomarrow.

TYORK,

I just had to let some steam out before I blew up. Looking forward hearing from you.
Good night to all.

voom1, if you already have an antenna just use it! just hook it up to the antenna input on your voom box....and you'll be watching the pats kick butt in super bowl 39!

Indeed - there's nothing special about OTA antennas for digital stations. If you hook your antenna up to your Voom box and then do a local channel scan, you may be surprised at what you get.

Good luck,

Doug

I did hookup the antenna and Voom said it was OK for me to do it but it is not a digital signial. I wish it was in HD though. I hope New England will win. I' am a Cowboy fan since Dallas Cowboys got started.

voom1 said:
I did hookup the antenna and Voom said it was OK for me to do it but it is not a digital signial. I wish it was in HD though. I hope New England will win. I' am a Cowboy fan since Dallas Cowboys got started.

voom1
Just to let you know i got a email from the Regional Manager He was sending this problem to the Field Manager in you area so you may get a call in the next couple of days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)