OTA Analog Stations--do they show up in VOOM?

bookwalk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2005
If there are analog only stations that should come in with the VOOM OTA, can they be accessed if they don't show up in the channel scan -- or does VOOM find all stations, whether analog or digital?

And if they don't show up in the Local Channels, even if analog, then the OTA is not pulling them in?

ota antennas&voom

the voom only recieves digital locals there are ways to get anolog channels thereis a port on the back to hook a anolog antenna witch allows a signal to pass through voom recievers when it is cut off.if you want to use their antenna you wil need a regular diplexer and a 2way splitter instead of the one that hook to the back
you use a reg.diplexerrun sat to sat and ant into splitter then one to 8vsb modand one to anolog port. this only work if you are also hook up via coax.Turn voom off and tune like normal to local :confused:

tanis said:
the voom only recieves digital locals there are ways to get anolog channels thereis a port on the back to hook a anolog antenna witch allows a signal to pass through voom recievers when it is cut off.if you want to use their antenna you wil need a regular diplexer and a 2way splitter instead of the one that hook to the back
you use a reg.diplexerrun sat to sat and ant into splitter then one to 8vsb modand one to anolog port. this only work if you are also hook up via coax.Turn voom off and tune like normal to local :confused:
While true the VOOM box can accept an external signal, the question was does the VOOM box have an analog tuner and the answer is still no it does not. And what's an "anolog witch" :confused: ?

If I am not mistaken, that EXTRA antenna port on the back is for an RF remote. That way you can have your voom box hidden inside a cabinet without needing glass doors for the remote.

It has nothing to do with analog channels, just a remote control.

--Dan

What I've done to get analog OTA (I have two separate lines, one for OTA and one for the dish) is split the OTA line with a 2-way splitter and run one line into a VCR to use as an analog tuner.