About To Order VOOM. What do I do?

Kluch

Original poster
Apr 7, 2005
Sorry I figured this would be around but I don't see any kind of thread on it. I am about to order VOOM and have never had a satellite installed in my life ever. What should I look out for or ask of my installer, I want to make sure it's a professional job, but how do I say that without being rude and still make sure it happens?

Should I ask for anything specific when I place my order?

P.S. I'm in AZ(Phoenix) if that narrows down installers, etc...

Thanks guys!

That's a great question. I was in your shoes last May before I got Voom -- never had a dish installed and never had a satellite service. I think the best advice is the obvious advice -- be there, and stay on top of everything they are doing. They might get a bit aggravated by being watched (mine did), but HEY, this is your house and you want it protected and you want the job done right the first time. Plus, I was able to help a bit. I watched the signal strength on the TV while one of the guys adjusted the dish, and I called the shot where I thought the signal was the strongest. Also, I think I prevented my guys from popping an extra hole in my walls.

GOOD LUCK! Voom is worth it!

If you go to the VOOM website you'll find an area for where to buy. In there you enter your zip code and it will tell you where to find a dealer/installer in your area. Give them a call see if you are comfortable with them. Most should be offering the $1 install if not just call the "800" number or one of the other people who post here.

Me I had trouble getting any kind of reasonable response and acknowledgement to my call to the "800" number. I then found someone locally and should be installed in a few days.

Kluch said:
Sorry I figured this would be around but I don't see any kind of thread on it. I am about to order VOOM and have never had a satellite installed in my life ever. What should I look out for or ask of my installer, I want to make sure it's a professional job, but how do I say that without being rude and still make sure it happens?

Should I ask for anything specific when I place my order?

P.S. I'm in AZ(Phoenix) if that narrows down installers, etc...

Thanks guys!
I would insist on getting Team One Communications as the installer. They also have another name. Call them up. They are on Thomas road and Camelback in Phoenix. Talk to Karen and tell her Ken from Scottsdale recommended them to you. They have another installer in the area and they really suck.

If I contact a local installer first will my friend who recommended voom still be able to get one month free? Or should I call voom and make them give this install to Team One or how does that work?

Kluch said:
If I contact a local installer first will my friend who recommended voom still be able to get one month free? Or should I call voom and make them give this install to Team One or how does that work?
You can't contact a local installer first, you have to go through VOOM. Tell VOOM you want Team One to do the install because you have heard about bad installs with other installers. Once Team One has the work order, you can call them up and set up an install time which will probably be sooner than the one VOOM tells you.

Awesome thanks! Can I asked what you what you really liked/why you recommend them?

Kluch,
I see you are signed on now, so I'm sure you've seen the news that Cablevision's board has voted to shut down Voom. To order now is like getting a great deal for the last ticket on the Titanic (probably NOT a good idea). Similar to the 'honor' of being the last guy to get killed in a war.

The Stone Man said:
Kluch,
I see you are signed on now, so I'm sure you've seen the news that Cablevision's board has voted to shut down Voom. To order now is like getting a great deal for the last ticket on the Titanic (probably NOT a good idea). Similar to the 'honor' of being the last guy to get killed in a war.
No, not really! No one is going to be killed here!

It would be more like getting to the last flight of Concord (for a buck)! :)

not correct.... you can contact a local retailer... and yes he will still get the referral

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)