PICTURES of my voom install today.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
PSB said:
And NO Vurbano none of my installs look like this,
http://dbsinstall.com/Whatis/Whatisgood-5.htm
No one said your installs look like that.

You get a life, Myself I am a licensed Professional Engineer and I will check the NEC code. I am not saying that it is or is not against code at this point. Cute little certificate BTW. I would advise the original poster to contact his local codes compliance office and ask for an electrical inspector who lives by the NEC book everyday. Interesting tidbit from the link you have given:
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"* Not all local codes conform too or follow the National Electric Code. Your local codes may vary. If you have any questions about proper grounding methods, contact your local electrical compliance office." [/font]

vurbano said:
No one said your installs look like that.

You get a life, Myself I am a licensed Professional Engineer and I will check the NEC code. I am not saying that it is or is not against code at this point. Cute little certificate BTW. I would advise the original poster to contact his local codes compliance office and ask for an electrical inspector who lives by the NEC book everyday.
Sir Popularity makin' yet MORE friends-good goin' V-LMAO

I have the NEC book right here! It only cost $40 Did you not bother to buy one? What part are you not clear about? Thats why you should have one right beside you at all times! What did you spend your $40 on? Are you going to show us your license or can you not? We should be trying to help customers here not fighting with each other, the above install is NOT good enough, can we agree on that?

I am a state licensed "Technology systems contractor/power limited technician" this is my field, if it is not your field and is below you why get involved in a discussion where I am trying to help future customers get what they are paying for! What is your motive here, to perpetuate such shoddy work.

PSB said:
I have the NEC book right here! It only cost $40 Did you not bother to buy one? What part are you not clear about? Thats why you should have one right beside you at all times! What did you spend your $40 on? Are you going to show us your license or can you not? We should be trying to help customers here not fighting with each other, the above install is NOT good enough, can we agree on that?
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]* Not all local codes conform too or follow the National Electric Code. Your local codes may vary. If you have any questions about proper grounding methods, contact your local electrical compliance office. [/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Just what part of that dont you understand.? as a practicing ENGINEER and not an INSTALLER I know that codes change by locality. Grounding the Mast may not be the code everywhere.[/font]

Well if you where familiar with licenses you would know that they are required to be hung in your place of business. But I could take a picture of a miniature card license if its important too you?

vurbano said:
Well if you where familiar with licenses you would know that they are required to be hung in your place of business. But I could take a picture of a miniature card license if its important too you?
Data, I need Data-sorry, couldn't resist that time-LMAO

Most local codes are more strict than the NEC! Its not to code the antenna and dish should be grounded, and you know it : )

? The small picture is a VoOM course certificate, not both of my licenses?
I dont need or want to see your licence I simply stated where you can go and see that I am licensed, it will take you say thirty seconds to see! And I was saying you should have a copy of the NEC beside you when you shoot people down for pointing out the law : ) Did you click on the dbsinstall link? Are they wrong also?

PSB said:
Most local codes are more strict than the NEC! Its not to code the antenna and dish should be grounded, and you know it : )
Depends on where you are. Certainly codes in Virginia are more stringent than WVA

vurbano said:
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]* Not all local codes conform too or follow the National Electric Code. Your local codes may vary. If you have any questions about proper grounding methods, contact your local electrical compliance office. [/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Just what part of that dont you understand.? as a practicing ENGINEER and not an INSTALLER I know that codes change by locality. Grounding the Mast may not be the code everywhere.[/font]

You may be right, or he may be right, but that doesn't matter.

All he was trying to do is give some advice and help. What if he is actually right?

Same with some other topics, you basically just attack people with no benefit to anyone, other than some amusing posts. Excuse my french, but some posts are as useless as tits on a bull!

Scubasoul said:

All he was trying to do is give some advice and help. What if he is actually right?

Same with some other topics, you basically just attack people with no benefit to anyone, other than some amusing posts. Excuse my french, but some posts are as useless as tits on a bull!
Please don't say tits around him-you'll just get him "started" again-LMAO

Dude I never said that it was or wasnt to code. I couldnt make a statement either way. If you had a Professional License you would understand that. Doctors, Lawyers, Architects and Professional Engineers can be sued in court for giving bad advice. SAT installers are a different matter.

Scubasoul said:

Why dont you read.

"
I am sure 90 percent of installs look like that. My D* install did. So does my V* install. I would call my local city electrical inspector to verify the electrical code. I have the NEC book at work, Ill check it this week. I would not rely soley on what an installs, Inc training course says though. Of course my dish is screwed into aluminum siding which wraps the entire house. Where is the grounding loop on the dish, or grounding screw? Is there not metal to metal contact in the stranded wires that surround the RG6 cable underneath the cable insulation?

Again i will check the book at work and call the city electrical inspector, we both work at city hall."

I dont see the personal attack, if anything I asked him some questions.

I am not even saying its a good idea or not, but its just the law, I dont make em, just follow them! After all this he will probably quit voOM next week anyway : )

eschu97611 said:
Please don't say tits around him-you'll just get him "started" again-LMAO

You're juvenile as hell. Look within before you criticize Vurbano. At least he was on-topic.

Still haven't found anything-btw, what is it I'm looking for again-LMAO

Oh, yeah, my maturity. Thanks for the suggestion-this coming from a poster who flamed poor ole' Rex like such a mature, on topic "adult"LMAO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)