10 channels of Voom on Dish? My letter says 14 ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

LOBO2999

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 1, 2004
Cumming, GA
I did a search on Voom Dish letters but did not find this info and if its been posted before , Sorry .

I got a letter from Dish today and it gives me the rundown of what others have posted
Free 6 months of Hd
Free DVR
Free install
Free Equipment
180 channels 19.99
and Get All 14 HD Voom Channels for $5 they include
Rave HD,Equator HD, Gallery, Animania, Rush, Ultra, Guy, Majestic , Monster, HD NEws, Worldsports, Auction, Lab and family room HD. Just wanted to know if this is true about the 14 HD channels ?

Thanks!

There's been some discussion on the 10 vs. 14 channels.

The fax blast sent to retailers said 14 and I guess your letter says 14 as well. However the dish and cablevsision press releases only said they;d start with 10. But there's a good possibility those 4 channels could be added soon. (Worldsports, Auction, Lab, and Family Room)

BFG said:
There's been some discussion on the 10 vs. 14 channels.

The fax blast sent to retailers said 14 and I guess your letter says 14 as well. However the dish and cablevsision press releases only said they;d start with 10. But there's a good possibility those 4 channels could be added soon. (Worldsports, Auction, Lab, and Family Room)
Lab again? Wouldn't Filmest, Kunfu and Vice be better? Is Ergen turning into a Dolan ;-) ?

Voom on Dish? Don't hold your breath

As one who switched from Dish to Voom because Dish really showed no interest in pushing Hi Def, does anyone think Dish will provide NEW programming on the former Voom channels? I seriously doubt it! I would expect reruns on most of the channels for the foreseeable future, so don't subscribe to Dish solely for Voom channel availability!

hidefbob63 said:
As one who switched from Dish to Voom because Dish really showed no interest in pushing Hi Def, does anyone think Dish will provide NEW programming on the former Voom channels? I seriously doubt it! I would expect reruns on most of the channels for the foreseeable future, so don't subscribe to Dish solely for Voom channel availability!
Why would Dish do this? They don't insert more movies into the HBO or Showtime stream, they are not the provider, they only pass along what they get from Voom. In case you haven't noticed, there are more movies doubling up on the 2 movie channels now. :yes

I love my Doom TV (Dish/Voom)..granted some of the programming is pretty lame but the good channels make up for it. At any rate, it's sure a lot more than OTA offers right now... :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)