piggyback bFusion HD off of 4DTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BitHead

Original poster
Jul 20, 2009
Massachusetts
Folks;

Just got an nFusion HD fta and since there is really nothing on Ku band for 4DTV I ran the Ki LNB to the FTA receiver. I'm trying to use the 4DTV to point my dish to the satellites with FTA stations. I tried G9 (X9 on 4DTV) and went into the installation menu on the nFusion. I selected "standard LNB" and set the LO to 10750. When I tried a station scan I got nothing. Changing the polarity via the 4DTV and scanning again, still nothing. Trying other satellites I met with the same results. The signal strength meter on the nFusin screen never goes above 36 but does change depending on satellite and LO frequency chosen. I know I must be missing something here but I don't know what. Any suggestions on how to get started would help.

Thanks

Warren

You should have researched before buying that receiver, plus you would want both c/ku for the most hd sadly the Nfusion is pretty much useless for most feeds up there.

Lak7;

It worked. The key thing that triggered what I was not doing was when you gave me the frequencies. I'm used to the 4DTV which maps everything but had forgotton that it's not the same with these DVB MPEG receivers. Thanks.

You have to use a high frequency splitter to split the lnb signal from the dish to the 4dtv and fta receiver. I used a splitter that lets power pass on one port and that port goes to the 4dtv. You use the 4dtv to position the dish and choose the polarity H or V

Interesting post...I have that same receiver...It works great for 125

I think any HD receiver would work there, with no dvb-s2 no 4:2:2 I would say it's not really the best purchase, well unless you just want the channels you are watching just hope they don;t switch to dvb-s2.

Status
Please reply by conversation.