Pin NUmber on Linksys Router . . .?

cjwct

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
Glastonbury, CT
I had to re-do my wireless network (unsure what happened originally) and now laptop ask for pin number . . . there is no pin number anywhere on the device; is there a way to find one. I do not have the original install cd either.

Router is Linksys WRT54GS

Reset to factory defaults. Point your browser to 192.68.1.1. Don't use any autoconfig.
On all Linksys routers the default password is admin (with the username field left empty).

Diogen.

I went through 198.168.1.1 and setup a new wireless. Unfortunately, 1 laptop wants a PIN number
If just 1 laptop insists on a PIN number (and others work without one), it is most likely due to this laptop having cached the login specs to another network with the same name.
Find the wireless networks list on the laptop and delete the linksys entry or rename the network in the router.

Also, make sure the laptop is not trying to automatically login to another router, e.g. neighbor's...

Diogen.

The PIN number thing was supposed to be an easy way to connect to access points.

I would go into the control panel on the laptop and change the handling of the wireless connection back to windows. It is probably using some old clunky one from the manufacturer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)