Pioneer Elite SC-91

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

teachsac

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 3, 2005
Elk Grove, CA
Just picked one of these up today. Figured it would work whether I end up getting an UHD TV or Projector. For now I'm going to use it downstairs with the Wharfedales. Interested in seeing how they sound with a class D3 amp. Unhooked everything and drug it upstairs. Forgot how heavy the Parasound 5250 is, especially going upstairs. Also going to bring down the dual Sunfires. I need lunch and a nap after lugging that amp. Will hook it up later and let everyone know.

S~

I have heard real good things about the D3 amps and MCACC Pro. Supposed to run cool and power doesnt fall off like other AVR amps as you add speakers.

Well they drive the Wharfedales just fine. Couple irritants. Same issue as with the VSX-45 and remembering sound formats. When switching from a PCM channel (ie Ion) where PLII is used to a DD 5.1 channel, it won't switch to DD. It goes to 5 ch ext. or something like that. Never had this problem with Denon or Marantz when switching form PLII to DD.

I did pick up the phase issue, just like Audyssey.

S~

Cool.

People were worried about the Onkyo acquire but from my reading R&D departments will stay separate, like D&M. Onkyo may be wise to use MCACC pro on their models because AccuEq is a bit of a joke right now.

Well, I put the Parasound 5250 and Marantz AV7005 back in the family room with the Wharfedales. Night and day difference. Just didn't do them justice. When the AV7702MKII comes out, I'll get that. I'll be hooking the 91 up in the theater room. Should be able to drive the M&K S150's without issue.

S~

Yep. I like being able to run balanced to the outlaw amp as well. Secure connection and the cables are well made and flexible.

SQ of the 7702+Model 7500 is quite nice.

Ok. Everything hooked up and ran room correction. Reset the M&K to small. Much more better sounding. ;) They pair up well.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)