PiP on JVC

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Camplate

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 28, 2004
Just got a JVC projection. It's new, but an older model. I don't have an HD reciever yet but will soon.

I hooked up other inputs. DVD had component video out so I used it; supposed to be the best. When playing with the Picture in Picture noticed the DVD was blank, just sound. After searching through manual finally found one sentance that said component video and digital inputs will not work in PiP mode. Is this true for all TVs? I'm not worried about split screening a DVD, but when I get the satillite HD reciever I'd like to have the choice of seeing both screens when needed.

Is S-video just as good, almost as good? Will a HD reciever put out two singals, so I could have S-video hooked up and the digital output? The TV has the HMLI input (or whatever the initials are).

Also in PiP mode both screens are small with boarders all around. The first HDTV I saw, which may have been a plasma, in PiP both views filled the screen, a thin line seperated them.

But other than that I like the TV. Just have to get my OTA working.

I didn't state this right, because I didn't recall everything at the time. I can view the DVD, with component input, when it is the main input channel on PiP. The other PiP channel is either S-video or single RCA or RF and is also viewable. If I swap the inputs, make the other input the main and the DVD the second input, the DVD becomes dark. Both views are the same size, side by side.

Again, I can live with it, just surprised.

But along those lines, how much loss is there between S-video, component, and HDMI or whatever the digital input is?

Does anyone split their inputs? The DirectTV sound through the cable has always been low. I have two boxes and both are like that. When I used the direct output into the TV it was twice as loud. Since I record a lot I’d like to use direct input into the VCR, and also use it for the TV input. Any problems with this?

The current JVC plasmas--x795s allow PIP POP with all analog inputs and both HD and SD internal tuners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts