Pistons on FSD+ not being shown tonight and other weird things

king3pj

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jun 7, 2009
Michigan
Here is the situation. According to foxsportsdetroit.com the Redwings are on FS Detroit tonight and the Pistons are on FS Detroit+. There are 2 weird things going on with these games on Dish tonight.

1.The game finder correctly shows the Wings on FS Detroit but says it isn't in HD. Ok, that happens from time to time. No big deal. Here comes the weird part...I brought up the guide and it shows the Wings game on FS Detroit but it shows the Leafs at Panthers for FS Detroit HD. That doesn't make any sense. Neither of those are teams for my area. I'm guessing this was just a mistake on the guide and the HD channel will actually be the Wings game.

2. The Pistons are on FS Detroit+ at the same time as the Wings game tonight. This happens pretty frequently with the Wings, Tigers, and Pistons all in season at the same time in Spring. Tonight the game finder doesn't show the Pistons at all except for the Atlanta feed which will be blacked out in Detroit. When FS Detroit and FS Detroit+ are both showing a game Dish doesn't always have them both in HD though they usually do. I have never seen them not carry a FS Detroit+ game period though. I checked the game finder and all the HDALT and ALT channels in the guide and it just isn't listed.

My guide is showing the Pacers at Magic on 4 ALT channels all in HD(443, 446, 448, 449) and they don't have the Pistons even in SD on any of the ALT channels. What gives?

It must have been some kind of glitch in the guide earlier. My guide has changed and I have checked the channels. Both the Wings on the main channel and the Pistons on FS Detroit+ (HDALT 443) are available in HD.

That sucks but until just before game time the pistons weren't even listed on one of the SD alt channels. Dish always carries the FS Detroit+ games so I wanted to know why they weren't tonight. Turns out they did and it just wasn't in the guide.

Yeah they might be better off not showing pistons games from now on but they actually beat the hawks by 1 tonight.

Heck, in Arizona the entire Pac12 basketball tourney is on FSNAZ and not one single game is in HD.

check the RSN alt channels. This past football season they would do that (Dish)

on the RSN its SD
RSN Alt it is in HD so they only need one stream of the HD feed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)