pixalation on joey

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cantcuffus

Original poster
Jun 13, 2020
OTA causing pixalation on joey every 3 to 5 days.. PROBLEM solved.....Loosen the nut on the coax side of the ota box. Use small flathead screw driver and pry off the top cover of the ota box...This let the darn thing breath however after about 8 days it started to pixilate again... I bought a tiny usb computer cooling fan and mounted it to one side of the circuit board to let cool air blow on it..Has not done it since been 3 weeks now

Attachments

• 20200613_201850.jpg
    20200613_201850.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 209
That adapter, via lack of firmware update, went bad over three years ago. A much more elegant and versatile solution would be the airtv dual channel adapter:

Reactions: HipKat
That adapter, via lack of firmware update, went bad over three years ago. A much more elegant and versatile solution would be the airtv dual channel adapter:
I've sent more customers to that site!

I had the Air TV adapter & the Joey 3 still had the pixelation problem. It was in a wide open area not resting on anything. I would have to reboot the Hopper 3 at least once a day. I finally gave up on it and subscribed to the Dish locals. Previously I had the Dish OTA module. It also caused the Joey 3 to pixelate. This problem has been an issue for a long time. I still think that is is a software issue.

I had the Air TV adapter & the Joey 3 still had the pixelation problem. It was in a wide open area not resting on anything. I would have to reboot the Hopper 3 at least once a day. I finally gave up on it and subscribed to the Dish locals. Previously I had the Dish OTA module. It also caused the Joey 3 to pixelate. This problem has been an issue for a long time. I still think that is is a software issue.

I don't have this issue. Just saying.

Are you saying that your OTA adapter causes your J3 to pixelate, but the same OTA channel does not pixelate on the H3? That suggests that the MoCA connection to your J3 is not up to snuff.

I also don't have this issue and have used mine for a while now. At least a year

Reactions: KAB and TheKrell
Does anybody know if it's a plain vanilla MPEG2 OTA signal going over MoCA to the Joeys?

Are you saying that your OTA adapter causes your J3 to pixelate, but the same OTA channel does not pixelate on the H3? That suggests that the MoCA connection to your J3 is not up to snuff.
The old single tuner never had a problem with H3. It was just Joey.

You want me to check the settings at the Joey. Please tell me what to look for and where to go into the settings.

I found out you don't have to reboot the Hopper anymore for this ongoing, annoying issue.

If the Joeys start pixellating go to one of them (not the Hopper) and manually enter an OTA channel number on the remote that you know has a strong signal (for example, I press 0-1-2-0-2). When the OTA channel tunes in then press recall and magically all the Joeys in the house will return to normal function at the same time.

We started doing this a few weeks back and, so far, it works every time.

Dish? You paying attention?

Reactions: HipKat and TheKrell
On the few occasions when my wired Joey would pixelate, I would change to an OTA channel and be sure It was tuned to a strong channel , possibly change channels, then go back and the problem was usually gone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts