Pixar Flicks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max Fisher

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 23, 2007
What are your favs??

Of course their are the classic films Monsters, Inc, the Toy Stories, Cars, WALL-E...

I'm pretty excited about their latest feature, UP. And one of the directors Pete Docter, has been on-board for a lot of the others; so it should be another hit!!

I've enjoyed pretty much all of them.....

I'd say my favorites are Toy Story, The Incredibles, and Wall-E (in no particular order)

Maybe it's because I don't have kids yet or something, but I don't get all the drooling over these movies.

I've seen 5 Pixar movies so far. (Wall*E, Toy Story, Incredibles, Ratatouille and Cars).

Personally, I thought Wall*E was awful and I fell asleep during Toy Story and The Incredibles. Rat and Cars were pretty decent though.

Maybe it's because I don't have kids yet or something, but I don't get all the drooling over these movies.

I'm quite surprised someone without kids would watch them in the first place.

is pixar still with waltdisney or they split ...pixar animations are pretty good...not jus for kids .everyone can enjoy them

is pixar still with waltdisney or they split ...pixar animations are pretty good...not jus for kids .everyone can enjoy them

Disney bought Pixar. In fact John Lasseter heads some Disney divisions including the parks (he used to be a captain on the Jungle Cruise ride at Disneyland).

WALL-E and The Incredibles are my favorites.

Shorts are great, too. Lifted is good. Presto is brilliant. Knick Knack is a great old classic that dates even from before Toy Story.

I cant wait for UP next year. From some people that got an early preview, it is shaping up to be one of, if not the best.

I think my favorite is still ToyStory. It was very a very unique (at the time) blend of entertianment for both children and adults.

I have a 7-year old, but I also watched 'em when my other kids were here age. I love 'em all (4 out of 5 stars or more)...except for Wall-E. I would place the Pixar films in the following order: Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Toy Story 2, Ratatouille, Toy Story, Monsters Inc., Cars, Bugs Life and Wall-E.

Toy Story and TS II by far -- those were what put them on the map. And to me, were the best.

I though Wall-E was one of the worst pixar flicks; and Cars wasn't much better. Monster's Inc and The Incredibles were good.

My 3 favorites are:
Wall-E, Monsters Inc, and The Incredibles.

I never understood why people liked "Finding Nemo" so much. To me it was mediocre at best. No really likeable characters, Ellen was just annoying (as seems to be her calling in life,) and it just wasn't that funny or cute.

My 3 favorites are:
Wall-E, Monsters Inc, and The Incredibles.

I never understood why people liked "Finding Nemo" so much. To me it was mediocre at best. No really likeable characters, Ellen was just annoying (as seems to be her calling in life,) and it just wasn't that funny or cute.

Just go to show, different strokes for different folks. Finding Nemo has been the only one of the Pixar movies that I found even slightly entertaining.

Wall-E was a downright snoozer... and the "Wall-E" and "Eva" whining by the robots was extremely annoying.

I think the issue with Wall-E was that it was too "smart." It appealed to adults more than it did children and it was so off from the typical Pixar fare that people were turned off since it was so different. When it was released, I had no interest in seeing it. However, when I started to read reviews about how it was this smart, off-beat, dark comedy with a Charlie Chaplin-esque quality to it, I saw the movie expecting just that and I got it.
and the "Wall-E" and "Eva" whining by the robots was extremely annoying.
My wife and I found that cute. We were saying each other's names in that robotic tone for days afterward.

My List as follows:

GREAT - Toy Story, Toy Story 2, Cars, Wall-E

GOOD - Monsters Inc., Bugs Life, Ratatouille,

OK - Finding Nemo, The Incredibles,

Status
Not open for further replies.