Up (Pixar)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max Fisher

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 23, 2007
What does everyone think of the new Pixar film, Up that is coming out in May? I think it looks really entertaining and I'm excited that this is going to be Pixar's first 3-D film. Anyone else really looking forward to it?

Agree! I think this movie is going to be fantastic. It's incredible how Pixar can create such entertaining films. In this featurette John Lasseter says thinks this is the funny Pixar movie yet. I've laughed a bunch at Pixar films, but if the head of Pixar says this is the funniest one yet, I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Too bad this 3D fad will make me NOT be able to see the film for a while. Some of us do not see 3D in real life the way most do, so all it does for me is give me a headache as I look at a fuzzy flickering picture.

Too bad this 3D fad will make me NOT be able to see the film for a while. Some of us do not see 3D in real life the way most do, so all it does for me is give me a headache as I look at a fuzzy flickering picture.

It will be released in 2D, too. In fact, I might head to the 2D showing myself. I found it a tad distracting in Monsters vs Aliens and it made the screen too dark.

Too bad this 3D fad will make me NOT be able to see the film for a while. Some of us do not see 3D in real life the way most do, so all it does for me is give me a headache as I look at a
clear.gif
fuzzy flickering picture.

Hmm I've never watched a 3d movie since I was a kid but imagine it would be annoying

The film will in fact be shown in the both 2-D and 3-D. Pixar has always been ground-breaking in their CG, so I have a lot of faith in them that they are confident that the film will be enjoyable if seen in 3-D, it's not like them to put something out there just because it's a new fad. They seem to only do stuff that is quality work, and don't worry too much about money.

With the exception of Wall-E, I have enjoyed all the Pixar films and I am really looking forward to this one. I haven't seen a 3D movie in 30-years, so watching Up in 3D would be an added benefit, but certainly not a requirement. To be honest, it's still all about the quality of the movie. I took my little one to see Monsters vs. Aliens and I actually fell aleep during the movie (rarely happens). Although it was only shown in 2D, I don't think 3D would have enhanced this viewing experience.

I agree with you that while 3-D definitely enhances the movie going experience, I don't think films should solely rely on the technology, and neglect the story of the film. That's why I think this should be a great film to catch in theaters. Pixar has never shorted us in the story aspect before, and judging by the trailer and what I've heard, that trend should continue with Up.

Did anyone see it this weekend? What a great movie! Pixar is just awesome at telling entertaining stories that people of all ages will enjoy. It's cool you just sit down and for 90 minutes are told this great story that never drags or gets boring, you just want to see what's going to happen next. I saw it in 3-D and was amazed by the picture. It was crystal clear and really enhanced the movie experience. Highly recommend seeing this one!

Finally made it to this one this weekend. Pixar's best work! An incredible story, and probably their most adult story. The first 15 minutes nearly had me in tears, and told with little dialog and no conversation. Modern writers could learn a lot from Pixar.

And the attached short is great, too. Perhaps only behind "Knick Knack" for me.

We took our daughter to see this today and while we loved it she didn't because obviously its not a film ment for anyone under 10 at the least. My wife and I loved it, we laughed and cried and had a good time and the story was great and not an insult in the least.

The reviews of this film have said that this is more adult oriented than any Pixar film in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts