Pixelation Problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

paulds48

Original poster
Dec 17, 2007
I keep getting random pixelation problems with my HR24 HD system. The tech came out the other day and replaced the box and all seemed well but by the next day the pixelation had returned. Signal strength is very strong so I don't suspect reception problems with the dish. Some days I get far more "glitches" than others. Here is my question: Can a bad LNB be causing this problem, or is it likely to be a problem with the cable from the dish to the house?? I have also replaced the BBC boxes but this didn't make any difference either. :confused:

Could be signal Ingress into your distribution. Are there any bad/poor connections in line to the dish. Also do any of your neighbors play around with HAM radio or PTP wireless internet? If a strong outside signal is getting into your cable plant it can cause this. This can get in through un-terminated splitter ports, damaged cable shielding, poorly terminated cable ends etc.

No ham radio in this area that I know of. I did jiggle all the connectors to see if they were ok (they were put on by Directv) and they were all tight, didn't notice any glitches on the tv screen when I was doing this. (had wife watching). There really isn't much more on the system that hasn't been replaced. The current cables were put on about 3 years ago by Directv. This is a very frustrating problem because when the Directv tech is here the picture is perfect. I have shown him recordings of the glitches so he knows that it is a real problem. I will try turning off my wireless internet to see if that could be the problem. Thanks a million, I greatly appreciate your help.

Are you having this problem watching "Live TV" or watching recorded content from another receiver via MRV? The reason that I ask, is I have a pixelation problem watching recorded content from a HR24-200 on a HR34-700. I do not have this problem when watching recorded content from my HR24-100 on the HR34. I can go and reboot the HR24-200 and the problem will disappear for a little while, but it always seems to come back. I do not think that this is the same problem, but I thought someone might have some suggestions about what to check. All help will be apprecaited.

Are you having this problem watching "Live TV" or watching recorded content from another receiver via MRV? The reason that I ask, is I have a pixelation problem watching recorded content from a HR24-200 on a HR34-700. I do not have this problem when watching recorded content from my HR24-100 on the HR34. I can go and reboot the HR24-200 and the problem will disappear for a little while, but it always seems to come back. I do not think that this is the same problem, but I thought someone might have some suggestions about what to check. All help will be apprecaited.
My HR24/200 has recently begun having random pixelation problems too on both recorded and live. (I do notice that the pixelation occurs at the same point in the live and recorded versions of a program - since there are a couple of programs that I set to record in case I do not see them live. Then I will sometimes play the recording and the pixelation is there too at the same point.)

Nothing has changed in my environment so I have no idea what is causing it. Of course I noticed it when my system converted to the HD GUI was introduced. But, I am hesitant to make any linkage between the two. But, my system is a year old and I am sure my hard drive is fragmented to pieces. Unfortunately there is no way to defragment the drive.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)