The Nomad: Opinions/Thoughts/etc.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ejb1980

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
Vermont
My girlfriend is bugging me to get a nomad, but I am hesitant to drop $150 on something with some mixed reviews around the Interwebz. I haven't seen much talk of it of late on here, so I have a few questions:

1. Is it as simple as it seems? Connect to the router that my HR24 is plugged into and boom, instant DVR everyhwere?

2. Can you access things as they're recording? For instance, if we are travelling and NBC Sports Talk is on AND DVRing, can we watch it on a nomad-enabled device as it records (basically streaming a live program)?

3. What is the current stability of the device?

4. I saw on the Directv website that you can't access OTA programming on it... does that count programs recorded from the AM21?

5. How would I acquire a nomad if I "moved" somewhere else? It's not far from me, but parking in the lawn where my "address" is while waiting for a UPS truck would probably be frowned upon by the people who really live there... I know of no local retailers, but there must be one around the Greensboro/Winston-Salem/High Point/Burlington/Durham/Chapel Hill/Raleigh/Asheville/Reidsville, NC/Danville, VA area.

Thanks to all in advance for the knowledge.

From everything I've heard it's not ready for prime time.. It would seem good things are in the works but it's anyone's guess what those things might turn out to be.. The lack of Mac support is baffeling to me as well.. Soon I guess. TV anywhere?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts