Pixelation problems (normal or signal strength?)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Use the wrench on other connections - never use a wrench on a tv or receiver!!!
Wow, I agree with Jeff, I guess the world is about to end...:p

He is correct, do not use the wrench on the tv or STB, you could damage the unit if you twist too hard

Pixelation is not the hallmark of a correctly installed HD system. You either have too low of signal or you have poor cable connections.

Your connections should be examined closely, looking for any foil or strands of the braid that are near or touching the center conductor. Your system should be grounded correctly, and checked for loose connections. Barrel connectors (F-81) should be 3.0 Ghz and a failing barrel connector can cause pixelation as well.

If there is still pixellation, you may need a better installer or a separate dish for 129.

All is not lost, msmith 198025! My first post suggests low signal OR poor connections. Certainly I would suggest a re-peak if the heat issue turns out not to be the problem.

To reduce pixelation you must either address the noise and reduce the noise floor or increase signal. Is there anything else that could be done, short of replacing failing LNB or receiver?

All is not lost, msmith 198025! My first post suggests low signal OR poor connections. Certainly I would suggest a re-peak if the heat issue turns out not to be the problem.

To reduce pixelation you must either address the noise and reduce the noise floor or increase signal. Is there anything else that could be done, short of replacing failing LNB or receiver?
Atta boy Jeff! I knew you wouldnt let me down!:D

Thanks for all the suggestions! Well, so far so good. I'll get my next 722 in a day or two. Hope that one works, too! ;)

I picked up an external HD to archive off recordings this time. Too bad there is no easy way to transfer timers. That would be an EXCELLENT feature to add to DishCOMM! Since two receivers can talk to each over the power line, I can't think of a good reason why Dish can't give us the ability to transfer recordings and timers from one receiver to it's replacement. It's a real pain in the arse putting timers in by hand so many times.

Anywho, I previously tightened the inside connections, but only by hand, no tools. Maybe I'll try the box wrench. Eventually I'll go up and add the grounding block and ground this system. I'm too tired of dealing with the installer to make him do it.

It occured to me today that people here might be interested in seeing some thermal images of the 722 receiver (inside and out). I'm a software engineer for a company that makes small light-weight imagers, so I'll bring one home sometime during the week and post a few photos in the thread that deals with 622 heat issues. We'll be able to see exactly what the hottest parts are. :)

-Gunner Joe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)