Pixelization and screen lockup

nagol99

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 15, 2006
Short and sweet.. been having pixelization and screen lockups for about 2 weeks now on both live tv and dvr recorded programming on Hopper 3 and 2 joeys. Multiple system resets did not seem to correct the issue. After a system reset on Sunday morning, I could not get a signal, so called support. Tech came out yesterday and replaced diplexer and a barrel connector outside that he said did not look like was making a good connection. After those changes, he plugged the hopper 3 back in and verified it was working and it did seem to be at the time. Last night, pixelization started again, so I called support back. They told me they would pass my info onto their support for them to check the signal on their end. I have not been able to watch tv today to verify it is still doing it, but I suspect it could be other issues, maybe with Hopper 3 itself?

My terminology was off, it is not a diplexer but the Hybrid Solo Hub that was replaced.

I've been seeing random pixelation and freezes on my hopper 3 on local shows. I wonder if I should order me a replacement hybrid solo hub too? Then I could see if that fixes the problems. Power plug reboots haven't fixed it .

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

After experiencing several of the same issues after the tech was here last Tuesday, I was not able to get s picture or anything on the joey in our bedroom this afternoon. The hopper 3 was still sluggish and could not change any channels without it locking up or just going to a black screen. After multiple power reboots, and check installation, i decided to call support. After going thru some of the same steps, running check install and others still was having the same issues. Support setup another tech visit for tomorrow, but after the call, I was at a screen that said "searching for signal" but had been there for about 10 minutes with no movement. After about 10 minutes I was a screen that said it was updating the systems memory and to not power off the hopper. After this completed, took about 15 minutes, I am now at version U344 on hopper 3 and everything seems to be working again, can change channels with no issues and PTAT seems to be recording shows also. I am still going to let the tech come tomorrow just in case I see any issues tonight, but hopefully things are looking better!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)