Pixellation problems 95W - DTV36EDS Zinwell WB68 switch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cebu22

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 18, 2004
Last weekend I installed a DTV36EDS dish and subscribed to DTV's Filipino package. At first I thought the setup was a success but now I'm experiencing pixellation on some of the the Filipino international channels I am receiving.

For the 95W I'm observing the following signal strengths on my HR20 receiver.
1-8 85 n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a 75 n/a
9-16 n/a 75 n/a 80 77 n/a 71 n/a
17-24 n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a 73 0 n/a

The DTV36EDS KU band lnb is connected to the first flexport input of a WB68 Zinwell switch, the remaining WB68 inputs are from a Directv Slim line dish. Now here is where things get interesting , I also have a 36 inch FTA motorized dish setup on my property, if I move the FTA dish to 95 W, via its motor, and connect this dish to the flexport 1 of the WB68 dish the pixelation vanishea. What confuses me is that the signal level for the FTA dish are lower on all transponders than what is displayed for the DTV36EDS dish. Lastly, the dish and wb68 dish were purchased from ebay. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Not sure of lnb zone? I don't recall seeing any information related to this in the installation sheets. Can you elaborate?

Where the LNB attaches to the arm, there is a slotted groove with three spots on it. In the instructions that came with the dish, there should have been a map of the US with the zone settings on it.

Worse comes to worse, you could go out and try moving it to one of the other slots and see if the signal improves.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)