Place your bets...7 new TMP HD channels at 110.

M Sparks

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 15, 2005
They haven't been uplinked to EA yet, so there might be more to come. And of, course, they could all go away. But what do you all think is INTENDED to go in those TMP channels?

Easy money is on Comcast channels, since they premiere the the night of the Charlie Chat and we already know Charlie is playing nice with the Golf / VS split. But that still leaves 4 slots.

Showtime channels are the most conspicuous absence, and Viacom the most overdue. And Comedy Central HD is rumored to be starting next week as well. This certainly seems to be a good possibility.

Rainbow channels were announced at one point, but they are probably a distant long shot now. Or, you could go for the wild card and say Fox.

And there are some long shots out there. RFD, Outdoor Channel, WealthTV...don't put it past Charlie to do something crazy!

So what's going in those slots? Place your bets? (If you haven't read the uplink...Golf & Vs are already allocated.)

Viacom:
MTV
VH1
CMT
Spike
Nick
Comedy Central
BET
Last 2 are not confirmed to exist yet.

Option 2
Comcast:
E!
Style
G4

Fox:
Fox News
Fox Business
FX
Speed

Also, with other HDPPV on 129 and 77 they could turn a few of the HDPPV to real channels, so maybe 4 more could become available on 110 (they will probably leave one for those with 110/119/61.5 setups)

I'm going to double-down on the Fox channels---Fox News and Fox Business...

Probably throwing my 'money' away, but I must have hope or all is lost! :)

Oh, and I might mention there is a temp SD on 110 TP 19. If you ask me, that improves the possibility of Comcast or Viacom, as they both have popular SDs not yet carried by Dish (Sprout or Fit TV for Comcast, The N/Noggin split or Logo for Viacom)

I'm guessing:

E!
2 Showtimes
2 Viacoms
1 Fox
1 more Comcast

While this is potential good news, I was anticipating more than 7 national HD's before the end of the year.

MTV HD has had 1 program in HD so far spotted
VH1 HD none
CMT HD listed in Direct Guide but no HD yet
Spike HD quite a bit of HD
FX HD quite a bit of HD
Speed HD quit a bit of HD
as for the Showtime channels mostly repeats and the type of horror films shown on ScifiHD see this thread to see what Sho2, 3, Ex, FX, & Spike have...

Last edited:
If I could PICK seven new HD's as a Christmas present, I'd pick:
FX
AMC
MoMax
Nick
VH1
ESPNU
RAVE

I know I won't get my wish (especially the last one!), but one can dream, can't one?

Brad

as for the Showtime channels mostly repeats and the type of horror films shown on ScifiHD

The point is that all the other premiums are mostly in HD now. I basically don't watch any non-HD premiums anymore other than Starz Cinema once in a while.

Because of that, Showtime rarely gets watched in my home. I've always subscribed to multiple premiums, but I'm considering dropping Showtime. Premiums are big profit centers. It's just logic and good business sense that they need to add at least a couple of Showtimes in HD. (Plus, they said they were going to months ago, and even had them uplinked for a while.)

However, if there's really going to be just 7, I wouldn't bet on Showtime. If there was 20+, I'd almost guarantee it.

(1) QVC-HD
(2) HSN-HD
(3) RFD-HD
(4) Wealth-TV

Sure hope you're right about (3), but I doubt it.

I would "predict" more HD-PPVs, perhaps a new RSN-HD or two (not MSG though), as well as a couple more HDs for AK and/or HI (good for you) and some of the Pay HDs (e.g. Showtime, TMC).

That will take care of some of the TMPs up there, the rest will linger for awhile then be pulled down.

Oh, and I might mention there is a temp SD on 110 TP 19. If you ask me, that improves the possibility of Comcast or Viacom, as they both have popular SDs not yet carried by Dish (Sprout or Fit TV for Comcast, The N/Noggin split or Logo for Viacom)

N/Noggin split shouldn't matter, since Nick GAS should disappear...LIKE IT DID EVERYWHERE ELSE IN THE WORLD. But good point on Logo.

EDIT- what channel# is the SD on?

AMC HD
BET HD
Comedy Central HD
CMT HD
Fox Business Network
Fox News Channel HD
IFC HD
MoreMAX HD
MTV HD
Nickelodeon HD
Showtime 2 HD
Showtime West HD
Speed HD
TMC HD
VH1 HD
Golf Ch HD
VS. HD
Baby First TV HD
FX HD Spike HD G4HD

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)