Place your bets...7 new TMP HD channels at 110.

Gosh when will we get a X rated HD channel were one can see all of the bump and burses---

On second thought never mind I do not need to see a bodly with marks on it.

I Would Really Like

1. FX HD
2. Fox News HD
3. Spike HD
4. AMC HD
5. Sho West HD
6. Sho 2 HD
7. Sho Extreme HD

I'd Settle For FX and AMC and Spike at LEAST but there gonna add what they want.

FX
Spike
Comedy Central HD
BBC America
FOX News HD
MSNBC HD
PBS HD

That's what I'd like to get, we'll see what actually happens.

OK. I've decided to be real optimistic. Lets say not only those 7 get converted, but the old Golf/VS combined channel gets turned converted. And the 4 HDPPVs on 110 are converted. That could get us 12 channels. And I think we get Viacom stations and comcast stations, plus a few more miscellaneous.

• MTV
  • VH1
  • CMT
  • Nick
  • Spike
  • Comedy Central
  • MoreMAX
  • ESPNU
  • Outdoor Channel HD
  • E!
  • Style
  • G4
That would be awesome, as it has the 3 networks I want most: Comedy Central, E!, and Spike.

That would also leave Fox (FX, Fox News, Fox Business, and Speed) and Rainbow (IFC, AMC, and WE) left. Conveniently enough, one TP worth, with no more launches out of those 2. (Yes, I know I forgot Fuel, bit I bet Dish will avoid carrying this one). But Dish will probably have to move some internationals of 61.5 to free one up. Or fire TP17 back up as CONUS.

OK, check that Comedy Central prediction. Rumor was it was coming on line next week. However, I was just checking into it's availability and went onto the Cox Gulf Coast site, who had previously announced its availability. While most of the channels they announced were coming 12/17 as planned, it had this note about Comedy Central:

***Tentatively available first week of January 2009.
http://www.cox.com/gulfcoast/channellink/pdfs/Pensacola.pdf

But we can all hope.

OK. I've decided to be real optimistic. Lets say not only those 7 get converted, but the old Golf/VS combined channel gets turned converted. And the 4 HDPPVs on 110 are converted. That could get us 12 channels. And I think we get Viacom stations and comcast stations, plus a few more miscellaneous.

• MTV
  • VH1
  • CMT
  • Nick
  • Spike
  • Comedy Central
  • MoreMAX
  • ESPNU
  • Outdoor Channel HD
  • E!
  • Style
  • G4
That would be awesome, as it has the 3 networks I want most: Comedy Central, E!, and Spike.

That would also leave Fox (FX, Fox News, Fox Business, and Speed) and Rainbow (IFC, AMC, and WE) left. Conveniently enough, one TP worth, with no more launches out of those 2. (Yes, I know I forgot Fuel, bit I bet Dish will avoid carrying this one). But Dish will probably have to move some internationals of 61.5 to free one up. Or fire TP17 back up as CONUS.

The additional of 12 channels would be impressive. The Viacom channels would be nice to have (I'm assuming that they will begin to show HD content SOON). And I'm in favor of adding as many Cinemax channels as possible. Can't beat free HD movie channels.

I would like:

Chiller
Sleuth
E!
FoxNews
CMT-Promised in March 10th Charlie Chat as "coming soon"
AMC-Promised in March 10th Charlie Chat as "coming Soon"

What is the time frame definition for "Coming Soon"

I would like:

Chiller
Sleuth
E!
FoxNews
CMT-Promised in March 10th Charlie Chat as "coming soon"
AMC-Promised in March 10th Charlie Chat as "coming Soon"

What is the time frame definition for "Coming Soon"

I think it was coming soon, but then the AMC 14 Satellite did not reach it proper orbit,
limiting HD channel capacity.

What do I predict for the 7 TMP channels? How about 7 screens with the "dishHD" logo. And Charlie will, undoubtedly, blame the economy. :rolleyes:

I think they need to add Fox News HD. There are a lot of potentials who would go to D* because it has it in HD. if you want the all HD lineup, not having Fox News is a problem for a LOT of people.
DISCLAIMER: I am not one of those people wanting it. I do want more subs for the health of the company.

I think it was coming soon, but then the AMC 14 Satellite did not reach it proper orbit,
limiting HD channel capacity.

Space86,

AMC14 not reaching orbit has nothing to do with Limiting HD additions. Dish currently has plenty of bandwidth to offer new channels.

The biggest issue is the lack of new HD retransmission contracts. Rainbow and Fox networks are in litigation with Dish this means no new Rainbow or Fox owned channels until the litigation is settled.

AMC HD, IFC HD, are Rainbow network channels so they are NOT coming soon, neither are the Fox owned channels coming soon; Speed HD, FX HD, Fox News HD, Fox Business HD.

The likely additions will likely be Viacom channels, as well as likely more Showtime Networks HD channels. CMT is a Viacom channel, although CMT HD has absolutely NO HD content for months.

John

Space86,

AMC14 not reaching orbit has nothing to do with Limiting HD additions. Dish currently has plenty of bandwidth to offer new channels.

The biggest issue is the lack of new HD retransmission contracts. Rainbow and Fox networks are in litigation with Dish this means no new Rainbow or Fox owned channels until the litigation is settled.

AMC HD, IFC HD, are Rainbow network channels so they are NOT coming soon, neither are the Fox owned channels coming soon; Speed HD, FX HD, Fox News HD, Fox Business HD.

The likely additions will likely be Viacom channels, as well as likely more Showtime Networks HD channels. CMT is a Viacom channel, although CMT HD has absolutely NO HD content for months.

John

That makes more sense, so we would probably get Nick HD and MTV HD and some of the Showtimes in HD?

CMT is the only Viacom channel that I would watch, so Dish needs to come up with some other agreements with their enemies. I mean the broadcasters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)