Placing an ir emitter between ir window and ir sensor of a vip222k receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jwp1

Original poster
Nov 13, 2010
southeast
I have a Dish Network vip 222k receiver that I'm trying to control TV1 with a wired ir system. Behind the ir window of the receiver are three pencil diameter sized closed end tubes that extend from the back side of the ir window towards two ir blasters (identified as such on the circuit board) and the ir sensor. The sensor is in the middle. These tubes are an integral part of the ir window. Placing an emitter on the outside of the ir window has not worked in controlling the receiver. I'm aware of the es123804 ir to uhf converter for TV 2, but I don't want to buy three of them. Can anyone tell me how I can find out the distance between the afore mentioned tubes and the ir sensor, that I may know if there is room between them for an emitter. I don't want to damage the ir sensor by pressing against it with an emitter.
Thanks

I control my 722 just fine with the IR blasters that came with my Hava Platinum, and they are several feet away from the receiver. Seems to me that there must be something wrong with your IR emitter if you can't control your 222 externally. I am assuming your IR remote works.

I have used stick on emitters, Mini blasters, the kind you stick under the receiver and they shoot IR up, and a main blaster reflecting off walls all work fine.

If you go the route of the TV2 IR to RF Adapter it works flawlessly as well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)