Moving receivers within house

Jebsundgren

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 5, 2010
Georgia
I have a 211 in my daughter's bedroom. I want to move it to my deck TV that is currently the TV2 from my 722. I want to use TV2 from my 722 to now run in my daughter's room. I assume there needs to be some cables moved on the main junction box on the side of my house. To avoid paying for a tech visit (and wasting their time for what would probably be a 5 min procedure) is there a device that can plug into the outlet that identifies the outlet to the cable outside? If not I could always get an EHD for the 211.

What is an EHD going to do for you? My guess is a toner for identifying the cable that goes from one outlet to the central box. A toner should run $80-100 so a service call may be as cheap.

boba said:
What is an EHD going to do for you? My guess is a toner for identifying the cable that goes from one outlet to the central box. A toner should run $80-100 so a service call may be as cheap.

To be used with the 211 as a DVR. Finding which coax goes where will be cheaper.

I have a 211 in my daughter's bedroom. I want to move it to my deck TV that is currently the TV2 from my 722. I want to use TV2 from my 722 to now run in my daughter's room. I assume there needs to be some cables moved on the main junction box on the side of my house. To avoid paying for a tech visit (and wasting their time for what would probably be a 5 min procedure) is there a device that can plug into the outlet that identifies the outlet to the cable outside? If not I could always get an EHD for the 211.
Easy to do if all you have are these 2 receivers, (722, 211). Where your connections are from the dish, there should be a ground block. The 2 lines from the dish go to there. Going out of the ground block there are also 2 lines feeding your receivers. On one line for the 722 there will be a diplexer (looks like a splitter), the other line from the ground block is for your 211 and will not have anything between the ground block and the receiver. On the 722 line at the diplexer, remove the line that is on the "VHF/UHF" port, that is your current TV2 deck TV. Now, remove the line from the ground block going to your 211, placing THAT line on the VHF/UHF port on the diplexer and the line that WAS TV2 in your deck TV onto the ground block. Move 211 to deck TV, set TV's to appropriate sources and Wha Lah!

I bought the coax tester and plugged the transmitting end to the outlet the 211 is plugged in. Problem is, when I test the cables outside I had multiple cables emit an audio tone so now I am stumped. By the way I have a 722, 211, and 922. What am I doing wrong?