Planting a 10ft FiberGlass Buttonhook.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dotbatman

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
I've got a 10' fiberglass button hook I'd like to plant. The place that I got it from I think had it on a 3.5" pipe, and it was totally mangled When I took the dish down. I went to a scrap yard to find a pipe to mount it on today. Ended up with a 11' by 3.5" pipe and stuck the mount on it to test for fit. Huge gaps all around. No wonder the mount at the last place was so mangled. I've got a 4.5" square opening. What can I do? Can I just grab a short length of 4.5" pipe and slide it around the 3.5" pipe? I did find a 7' length of 4" pipe at the scrap yard, but I think the dish would be hitting the ground if I buried deep enough to make sure it'd be stable. I didn't see any 4.5" pipe. What do those of you out there with Fiberglass dishes with a polar mount like the one in the picture have for pipe diameter?

Should I abandon this and mount the 7.5' mesh I've got on this 3.5" pole? I'm trying to finish off my arc and pick up 78 west, and 121 west through 137 west (the others will be blocked by a tree, but I've got another 10 footer already set up that can pick up the rest of the stuff I'm interested in. Let me know if you need any other pictures. Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 185
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 181
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    940 KB · Views: 180
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 184
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 202
Yeah, you should be able to get by with a sleeve. Has been talked about now and then here. Think some have even made the sleeve 'full length' to the ground/cement. Should be able to drill holes, weld on nuts(like on the mount) to hold it over the smaller pipe.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)