Platinum HD, I'm missing 5 channels

Slackeyed

Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
Albany NY
I found this forum yesterday while researching Dish Network packages, as my primary 722 just died after two and 1/2 years.

I read that back in February, Dish added several new HD channels, and that some people couldn't receive them. Apparently a dish upgrade was required but many people had to lean on Dish Network to get them to bring new equipment out to their houses.

The channels I pay for but don't receive:

375 Shorts HD
378 Indieplex
379 Retroplex
380 Epix
381 Epix 2

My question is: Are these channels that were included in that new lineup introduced back in February? And if not, is there anybody else in my area that can't receive these channels for any special reason?

Thanks in advance.

I found this forum yesterday while researching Dish Network packages, as my primary 722 just died after two and 1/2 years.

I read that back in February, Dish added several new HD channels, and that some people couldn't receive them. Apparently a dish upgrade was required but many people had to lean on Dish Network to get them to bring new equipment out to their houses.

The channels I pay for but don't receive:

375 Shorts HD
378 Indieplex
379 Retroplex
380 Epix
381 Epix 2

My question is: Are these channels that were included in that new lineup introduced back in February? And if not, is there anybody else in my area that can't receive these channels for any special reason?

Thanks in advance.
The new channels (more than listed above) were added to Eastern Arc sat 72.7 You are still getting HD off 61.5. See what they will do for you in terms of cost. If you don't already have it, you might need to add DHPP to your account. That would get your install down to $15.00, however, you would be paying $6.00 per month. You can cancel after one month, but will charged $25.00. Still better than the $90-100.00 with out it. Then again, they might not charge at all. Call and see.

Last edited:
The new channels (more than listed above) were added to Eastern Arc sat 72.7 You are still getting HD off 61.5. See what they will do for you in terms of cost. If you don't already have it, you might need to add DHPP to your account. That would get your install down to $15.00, however, you would be paying $6.00 per month. You can cancel after one month, but will charged $25.00. Still better than the $90-100.00 with out it. Then again, they might not charge at all. Call and see.

While on chat last night to have my new DVR shipped to me, the CSR did offer me DHPP, but I had no reason to take it. As a matter of fact, I opted for "HD for life" which cut $10 off my bill, so the add'l $6/month will be less than I was paying as of Sunday :up

So in order to receive EA 72.7 they will have to come out and upgrade my dish(es) eh?

While on chat last night to have my new DVR shipped to me, the CSR did offer me DHPP, but I had no reason to take it. As a matter of fact, I opted for "HD for life" which cut $10 off my bill, so the add'l $6/month will be less than I was paying as of Sunday :up

So in order to receive EA 72.7 they will have to come out and upgrade my dish(es) eh?

Yes. Just today, I have seen two posts saying their upgrades are free, but they did not say if they had DHPP or not.

After 45 excruciatingly boring minutes on chat, the rep tells me I have to be home so she can walk me through some troubleshooting with my receiver... she thinks that "I do not have the proper orbits"

I made the change last week to EA to get all the missing HD and they did not charge me anything at all....however, I did have to sign up for another 2 years...

Yes. Just today, I have seen two posts saying their upgrades are free, but they did not say if they had DHPP or not.

I do not have dhpp and they did not ask me to take it.......I used to have it for my 1st 2 year commitment, but I stopped it after that

Ok so for the update.

Dish billed me $15 for the shipping on my new 722, which arrived via UPS yesterday. I was offered the maintenance plan which would cost $6/month but the $15 for shipping would be waived, I declined at that time.

So yesterday I initiated a chat with Tech support as I needed help setting up the new DVR.

Long story short: After three or four chat sessions, it was determined that I need a new dish (As I told them all along thanks to several threads on satelliteguys.com) but that the service visit would cost me $95 since I didn't have the maintenance plan.

I told her to go ahead and put me on the maintenance plan which brought the service call to $15.00, but I also asked if they could waive the original $15 charge because that incident happened so recently. She could not waive the charge so I said thank you and ended the chat, but not before firing off an email to the ceo.

I got an answer from the ceo office two hours later, the body of which is here:

Thank you for your email. I apologize for any inconvenience we have caused.

I have reversed the $15.00 shipping and handling fee as you requested. We do see you are an exceptional customer. Please allow 24 hours for the credit to post to your account.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or would like to discuss this matter further.

So next Thursday I will have my new dish and all the HD channels I've been paying for since February but could not receive due to outdated hardware.

Oh, and coincidentally, after browsing the new customer portal on Dishnetwork.com, I was sad to see that we had five PPV certificates which expired way back in April?!?

But that we had two more certificates ready to go...now they're only good for movies which are $5.99 (which are HD PPV's)

So we ordered one, only to realize that we won't even receive that channel until next Thursday, so the wife called Dish, and the CSR was nice enough to replace that spent certificate with THREE more!!

We are very happy with the service we receive from Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts