Playing ITunes through 360??

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
Does anyone know why I cannot get my music library in Itunes to show up on my 360 through my media center? Everything else seems to work fine (pictures, videos, live TV). But nothing through Itunes. I don't actually have an Ipod, I just used the Itunes software to consoladate my music library od CD's. Any ideas??

If your music is all song you bought from the Itunes store they will not play on the 360 as the 360 can not play ACC files that have DRM on them. If your music is MP3 or unproteted ACC files like the songs being offered on Itunes plus the 360 will play them. Also the 360 needs an update to play unprotected ACC content that you can download from the marketplace.

Almost all of the songs I have in Itunes was burned there from my personal CD collection. I'm not sure at what format the songs are after being burned into Itunes. For now I'm just trying to get the songs to show up in the music section of my media center. I have not attempted to play them through the 360 yet, because I can't even see them directly on my computer when using media center. Is that clear as mud??

Look at your Sharing tab within iTunes. Make sure "Share my Music" tab is checked.

Hmmm. I use Macs at home. No issues with my 360 seeing my pictures, movies, or music using a Mac program called Connect360. This is just a guess, but you may need to "move" ( import) your music from iTunes into Media Center.

You probably imported your CDs in the AAC format because that is the default for Itunes. I don't know if media center recognizes that format. You can play them on the 360, but you will have to down load the update for the 360. There is directions on xbox.com on where to find the update in the market place. You still won't be able to play itunes purchased tracks unless they are itunes plus(unprotected) tracks that you have converted to mp3.

Is there any way to change the format from AAC on the music I have already downloaded into Itunes?

I dont think itunes has support to go from ACC to Mp3 and I know it will go from MP3 to ACC but not the other way around. The only other way it to rerip your entire collection.

If you download the Zune software it will import the music files and your 360 will recognize it on your home network without an update.

I think any music software will ask you if you'd like to scan your hard drives and import any music it finds. I don't know how they handle iTunes protected music.

Yes it works similar to Itunes. Now if they are protected files they will not work in the zune software. So that would still be an issue however you said that they are cd's that you ripped to the computer so it will convert them all to mp3 or wma.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts