Playing On The Roof (Sat C Issues)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SpySatellite

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 31, 2004
Was up the roof today adjusting my dish and am pulling in high 90s for Sats A & B. Problem is only about a 50 for Sat C. Channels 74 and 86 come in all broken up thus obviously coming from Sat C. This problem is most likely caused by a neighbor's tree (no signal problems in winter months) and relocating my dish is not an option.

Am I better off adjusting the dish again to improve C and risk lessoning A & B's signal strength? I'm pleased I was able to get those signals higher because even the slightest rainstorm would knock out my signal. I'm not even sure I can get anything higher on C but figured I'd toss out the question. What would you do (besides sawing down the tree - he's a lawyer)? Would a larger dish help? Anyone have similar experiences or suggestions? :cool:

Well since you said relocation is out, then you have pretty much hamstrung yourself unless you can determine to what minimal extent the tree needs to be trimmed. An experienced qualified installer should have noticed that tree location before the tree filled in IMHO. I would still look toward relocation.

Charper 1 - You have the coolest icon (even if I am a lone horns fan in NY)

I'll need to figure out if the new satellites (Spaceway F1 102.8 West Longitude & F2 99.2 West Longitude) will be blocked by the tree or not. Are these satellites just for local programming or will they carry national channels too? If more programming is added to Sat C I'm screwed.

I am not a Long Horn fan, I just thought it was a funny photo.

Nothing in stone here, but my think would be if you mounted the dish in the same location, blocked now will equal blocked then as well.

spaceway twins will have both local and national.

i would look for international or 2 dish locals to be on 110 sat.

with directv there will be one 5 lnb dish for the 99-119 slots within 2 years. dish will be 18X28, a lot smaller than superdish.

just my opine and im entitled to it.

also, why cant you relocate the dish??

Can't relocate because its present location is best looking and only spot to get good signal on A & B. I do get C but only in %$# winter months. I was going to ask if a larger size dish would help then read the previous post about a new dish coming. Wonder if that will help matters or change things for rain fade issues some folks suffer with.

dude, you are tying your own hands, BEST LOOKING???

give me a break!! are you that vain??

we are talking FOOTBALL, soon! id bolt this dish to my front door to watch the STEELERS.

or doesnt the little lady want to see it, ROTGLMAO

HA HA! Steelers? Pittsburgh Steelers? Guess a Steelers fan would refer to it as a fancy door knocker.

I have to concur. Any per month fee, let alone $50 - $95 / mo, takes this out of the aesthetic category for me; just put it where it works.

I'd try to talk to your neighbour - even lawyers can be humans every now and then :D
Ask him what he would do, if he would be in your shoes.

( I have a sackfull of lawyers in my own family - so NO flaming intended)

Granted I don't know your neighbor but if it were my tree I would let you trim it as long as it looks professional and doesn't cost me anything. Also I have given some serious thought into just ripping my electric meter and gas lines off my house since I don't really like the placement, wonder if my wife will go for solar power, wait then I'll have those pesky panels on my roof... ARG!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)