playlist disappeared !!!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jefte1

Original poster
Oct 18, 2013
south carolina
hello all, as some of you know i got my install yesterday of the genie. well last night i recorded and even watched a couple of the recorded shows before i went to bed, no problems. Turned off the receiver at midnight, got up this morning at 530 am and noticed the receiver was on ( by its self)
i went to playlist to watch something i recorded and nothing. only thing it shows is a bar at the bottom saying 98% free, but it doesnt show anything in my playlist. What can i do or should do? thanks in advance for your help.

hello all, as some of you know i got my install yesterday of the genie. well last night i recorded and even watched a couple of the recorded shows before i went to bed, no problems. Turned off the receiver at midnight, got up this morning at 530 am and noticed the receiver was on ( by its self) i went to playlist to watch something i recorded and nothing. only thing it shows is a bar at the bottom saying 98% free, but it doesnt show anything in my playlist. What can i do or should do? thanks in advance for your help.

This is actually a known issue and I'm surprised this is the first I've read about it on here. A simple red button reset corrects it but I haven't a clue what's causing it

My first guess as to why it turned itself on overnight would be a software update, especially with a new install it would certainly need updating. Just think back to the last time you bought a new Windows computer, came home opened the box ,turned it on and had to wait impatiently for a couple hours while it downloads and installs all the updates released while it sat on the shelf.

My first guess as to why it turned itself on overnight would be a software update, especially with a new install it would certainly need updating. Just think back to the last time you bought a new Windows computer, came home opened the box ,turned it on and had to wait impatiently for a couple hours while it downloads and installs all the updates released while it sat on the shelf.

This is why all installers "should" / "are supposed to" force updates to boxes during the install.

The only thing I see in my Genie is when I press the list button, it will delay for a second or so then it reappears, but only when I reboot or is a software update.

by chance... if there is a second dvr in your house somewhere this could cause the problem.

Hit list on a genie location, and then hit options (dash or yellow button) then go to filter by playlist, and make sure its set to all.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)