Playlist issue

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kemo46

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 14, 2011
Texas
I have two HR-24 dvr's and an H-24 receiver in the whole house system. I pulled up my playlist on one of the dvr's and several of the programs had a red circle with a white minus sign in it. I clicked on it and it said the playlist was full. I can go to the other dvr and watch that program. I have plenty of memory left on both dvr's, do they limit you on the number of shows along with the space available? What am I experiencing with this issue? Can I do anything to correct it?

That usually means that someone else is watching a program off of that DVR. If you stream a program to the receiver, that host DVR's programs are not available to be streamed to other devices.

What else could it be, the other dvr's are not on and we are just watching from one room. There is nothing streaming or downloading at the time on any DVR. This has got me puzzled.

Hard Reset

Is your hard drive almost full ?
Within 15 % maybe ?

No, both DVR'S are about 70% free. I did a hard reset on the one DVR and that seemed to have fixed the problem. I have not had this problem before but that seemed to have fixed it.

No, it maintained all recordings and fixed the problem, the recordings show up normally on all the playlist now. This was weird because the programs would show up on the playlists of the other receivers, it just would not let me watch the programs that were recorded on that one dvr. After the receiver was reset, everything went back to normal.

kemo46 said:
No, it maintained all recordings and fixed the problem, the recordings show up normally on all the playlist now. This was weird because the programs would show up on the playlists of the other receivers, it just would not let me watch the programs that were recorded on that one dvr. After the receiver was reset, everything went back to normal.

Do you know exactly which option you pressed when you were doing the reset, there are 3 choices.
I'm curious, because one of them, I've been told is suppose to wipe out everything and set it back to new.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

I just did the red button reset and let it reboot. Once everything was back up, the playlist worked normal again and was visable from all receivers in the house.

I just did the red button reset and let it reboot. Once everything was back up, the playlist worked normal again and was visable from all receivers in the house.
A hard reset is unplugging the power supply for 1 minute.
A soft reboot is pressing the red button.

And for Jimbo, the only way to wipe out your recordings would be resetting the receiver and satellite setups .
A hard or soft reboot wold not effect recordings at all.

A hard reset is unplugging the power supply for 1 minute.
A soft reboot is pressing the red button.

And for Jimbo, the only way to wipe out your recordings would be resetting the receiver and satellite setups .
A hard or soft reboot wold not effect recordings at all.

I prefer the reboot from the menus, that is where you get the options I was looking for.

You have :
ReStart Recvr (this is the one used to do a typical reboot, software update)
ReSet Defaults
Resets Everything (I'm guessing that this is the one that will delete your Recordings, I've never used it)

I've had this problem, I have 3 HR-24's and had this happen on service calls as well. Unplug power inserter then unplug all receivers, let everything sit for about 1-3 minutes then plug the inserter back in then plug the receivers back in. Should fix the problem.

Status
Please reply by conversation.