Playstation 3 uses five times more power than your fridge...

wow, what archives did you dig this out of :) this was out when the PS3 first came out, and this is the 4th time I have heard/read this week, wonder why its cycling around now.

wow, what archives did you dig this out of :) this was out when the PS3 first came out, and this is the 4th time I have heard/read this week, wonder why its cycling around now.
If you took the time to read you would see the article dated july 7, 2008 and BTW thats just in standby mode.

If you took the time to read you would see the article dated july 7, 2008 and BTW thats just in standby mode.

Where in my post does it say I didnt read the article..I did, but thank you anyways...These facts came out when the PS3 was first introduced, when I read about them, it was before the PS3 even hit the street, its funny how "news" makes its cycles.

Some could say that if you buy and use a PS3 you are supporting our dependence on foreign oil. By supporting foreign oil, you are supporting terrorism. You could deduce that the PS3 supports terrorism! :D

Some could say that if you buy and use a PS3 you are supporting our dependence on foreign oil. By supporting foreign oil, you are supporting terrorism. You could deduce that the PS3 supports terrorism! :D

lol, cant even play a game without thinking of oil. :) are you trying to take away all my relaxation.

Well then your reading skills are lacking. It is clearly dated July 7, 2008. How could you accuse teamericson of digging up an archive?
DVD, HD DVD and Blu-ray News, Rumors and Announcements - DVDTOWN.com

Easy Tiger, I was talking about the Facts from the article not the article itself, I saw when the article was written....my reading skill are spot on, no worries there friend...so again, I read the article, thank you...and I would stop you are just embrassing yourself. ;)

Easy Tiger, I was talking about the Facts from the article not the article itself, I saw when the article was written....my reading skill are spot on, no worries there friend...so again, I read the article, thank you...and I would stop you are just embrassing yourself. ;)

However, your grammar skills need improving.:D

Oh for crying out loud. Anyone returning their PS3 because of this...non-news? At least the damn thing keeps my cold cuts....well....cold.

The "article" - and I'm using the term very generously - may be current. But the data it is based on is not. This rehash comes from HCC, which in turn in quoting old data.

Doesn't matter. Says more about how efficient refrigerators have become, than about gaming consoles (note the XBOX holds spot #2).

Seriously, does anyone know of any reason not to disconnect the PS3 from its power when not in use? I only watch 2-3 movies/week on it and play 3-5 hours of games. The rest of the time, it doesn't need to be on (and I'm not folding). Thanks.

Launch PS3 consumes 200W max = 2-3 standard incandecent light bulbs.
40GB PS3 consumes 135W max = 2 standard incandecent light bulbs.
PS3 at idles uses only 4W.

Do the current model PS3s have energy efficiency issues? Yes, they could stand to use less power for DVD/Blu-ray playback. Still, the amount of power were talking about could easily be substituted just by switching out a couple of light bulbs for CFLs.