PlayStation Store Update!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
PlayStation.Blog » Grace Chen

This is going to be sweet!

2385628831_b935352e86.jpg

Well its out now, start downloading it :).
I am sure the PSN network is getting ready for home soon :).
All this nice upgrades..

Well I've just Installed it now, it looks great, it is very fast, much faster than xbox live marketplace.
I love it.
Sony hasn't uploaded any images & Icons yet, but I am sure within the next couple days all the contents images will be uploaded.
It looks sweet.

It's faster because like the Marketplace its running off pages on the hard drive and querying for more data, instead of basically viewing a webpage on the screen. With the organization seen in the screen shots, looks like a home run. Will start it installing and play with it later.

Update: they started uploading images and pictures, they will add more and more pictures, I am sure by the end of the week we should see all the images for all categories and sub categories.
Now all we need is a better voice/text software, upgrade the current one, so its faster.
Overall I am happy with my PS3.

It seems stupid to leave squares blank while things are loading. There should be default graphics for demo, theme, background, video, etc that are there prior to the image loading. There should be a text alternative of all of the images it's loading too. Instead of squares, let us view a list (a la Live). The system knows it's there (you can move to them and see the name prior to it loading), it's just sitting there lagging downloading images. Sure you only need to load them once, but you have x million people experiencing this, and just these small 'features' would have gone a long way to improve first impressions. The load times for the little icons make it feel sluggish. If the prior store were never seen and this were the first one, I think we'd be a lot more critical of it.