Pleasant programming surprise!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

docdaddy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 2, 2016
Birmingham, AL
I get the Sioux City local networks. Small town relatively speaking. Much to my surprise this past week, I noticed that beneath my KTIV Channel 4 NBC station there was a Channel 5 KTIV2 subchannel! In HD!

Any idea why, out of the blue, a local sub-channel would be added? I know that at least 3 of the local networks here have subchannels (you can see them when you use an OTA.)

Anyway - nice unannounced (at least, I never saw it) surprise! Thanks, Dish!

I have comcast, with locals. recently replace my antenna cable.........

connected to my tivo ota found i have a bunch of sub channels i had never seen on cable.......

Much to my surprise this past week, I noticed that beneath my KTIV Channel 4 NBC station there was a Channel 5 KTIV2 subchannel! In HD!
Any idea why, out of the blue, a local sub-channel would be added?

(mostly) ONLY because it's your local market's CW programming in HD, which is fairly common in smaller DMA's that might carry any of the big 5 commercial nets on subchannels, & the satellite providers do normally try to carry all these major nets in all markets...regardless if the are the primary or a secondary channel.

With the OTA frequency repack looming, this may become more common as time goes on...in Peoria, IL the local ABC 19.1 got moved to the .2 channel of the local NBC (25.2) & the local CW, which WAS in HD on 19.2, got the "shaft" when it also got moved to 25.3 & DOWNGRADED to SD! (but at least 25.2 NBC IS still in HD!) 19.1 is now Comet & is NOT carried on satellite at all.

In South Bend, IN the local FOX 28.1 got moved to the .2 channel of the local CBS 22.2, while 28.1 is now Heroes & Icons & is NOT carried on satellite, either. (these repacks in both DMA's were actually related to some stations swaps between 2 different station groups that own stations in BOTH DMA's)

I get the Sioux City local networks. Small town relatively speaking. Much to my surprise this past week, I noticed that beneath my KTIV Channel 4 NBC station there was a Channel 5 KTIV2 subchannel! In HD!

Any idea why, out of the blue, a local sub-channel would be added? I know that at least 3 of the local networks here have subchannels (you can see them when you use an OTA.)

Anyway - nice unannounced (at least, I never saw it) surprise! Thanks, Dish!

As a guess since it is in HD probably the CW channel.

CW in Fort Wayne was recently added to Dish. This occurred when their company moved NBC 33.1 to subcarrier 21.2 (ABC is still 21.1, and 21 on Dish.) Dish added CW to channel 34, which is now OTA on 33.1. Dish kept NBC on 33. The bottom line is that we now have CW on Dish in my DMA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)