Please everyone call Directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I want Tanya Memme back ! :D:angel::eek:k:

I'll 2nd that!

What I hate more is paying for non-commercial service and having DTV insert all of those crappy advertisements in the guide like cable has been doing for years. I have to guide to channel 507 in order to avoid the four or five adverts at 501. This I really hate and have called them several times about. Of course they normally say that everyone likes them, I would hope that is not true but dumb is in the house these days so maybe I'm just the minority here. Hope not!

I had always wondered too why companies like Directv, Dish, and cable companies advertise themselves on their own system.. Basically when Directv airs one of their own ads, they are filling up an unsold "local" ad space. There are slots programmed into every commercial channel for "local" ads, which are designed for your local cable or fiber provider to sell time to local businesses. If the slot goes unsold, they have to fill it with something, so they run a commercial for their own services (ever see a billboard that says "You could be seeing your ad here!"? Same idea.). Directv does the same thing with these slots, except they only sell to national companies. But they wind up with empty slots just like everyone else. If they don't run one of their ads, you get to watch 30 seconds of dead air, which is arguably worse than any commercial because dead air always seems longer.

And the Mayhem commercials are awesome! :D

I don't know why D* does it but charlie knows its cheaper!!;);)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)